ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC T91  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Optimize speed of T91/T91MT New Topic
Clark
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:5/14/2010 6:51:00 AM # 1
My company has several EeePC T91 (WinXP) and a few T91MT (Win7) netbooks.  We are a Home Health Agency doing nurse visits in the home.  We use a proprietary program which is built using Java to do medical documentation in the field.  It is memory intensive.  I have already upgraded all machines to 2 GB (the max), manipulated the power settings to keep functioning high when on battery, changed all scans/updates to manual, and took off a couple of processes that I know we don't need.  There is sometimes still a little lag.  Is there an easy way to look through the remaining processes/modules/background programs to stop unnecessary ones to improve computer speed?  Some of those have really weird names and I really don't want to have to look them up individually on the web.  However, I don't want to stop a process which will crash the system!  I'm just a lowly nurse, not a computer geek (although I wish that was the opposite).  Thanks for you time and patience. 

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Kirk--I'm a Nurse, not a engineer!
Buerger
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/29/2010 5:43:00 PM # 2
Hi Kirk, I run a home health agency in Houston TX (my third - sold the other two), and what we use is called Kinnser (kinnser.com). It's web based and reliable, and a heck of alot cheaper than everything else I've seen over the years. And no, I swear I have no other affiliations with kinnser other than that of a customer, lol. Not exactly the answer you were looking for but thought I'd give my 2 cents anyways.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.