ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1005HAB  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]plugged in but not charging New Topic
Ferron
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:9/22/2010 6:36:00 AM # 11
I wish I had read your comment instead of the scores of others. ASUS agreed that it was a battery because I switched with our other netbook andI AC charger with the same results. They issued an RMA that never arrived so I called BestBuy, they exchanged it with no hassle. The GEEK said it was a hardware malfunction. Got my new netbook up and running only to find the same issue after using it a few minutes on battery. Not believing that I got two bad units in two weeks I ran the batt down to 90%. The tray dialog was "plugged in, charging." It seems that you are correct, but ASUS doesn't know that, neither do the GEEKS. I erad my manual over again finding no reference to the 95% for the 1005HAB. I would think that information would be important enough to put in bold. Anyway, solution or a problem that really didn't exist. ;)

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Kmasterz12
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:10/5/2010 6:08:00 AM # 12
My Problem is my laptop is not charging now is of i umplugged all the Ac Adapter the battery all and let it like that for 5 days (Travel) when i get back i plugged all but is still the same what could b the problem the Ac Adapter looks fine the blue light is on and the adapter is cold can someone help me please.

ab2ab
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:6/5/2011 1:19:00 AM # 13
This problem not in the ASUS brand only , but its found  in HP ,Dell and other brands Look in technical support for these companies
Therefore I've found a cause of the problem
The cause of the problem is purely   electrical, the  voltage source level is variable either high or low, i.e.
Inappropriate DC Charging voltage
Any specific  DC   charging, when the AC Frequency or AC Voltage is unstable, the   charger disconnect Charging current   until   be suitable for charging.
BUT You Must REFRESH this process after stability by RE-Plugging the DC Charging in Laptop.

Gernone
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/1/2011 1:19:00 AM # 14
My battery is not charging and is at 0% therefore it works only when plugged in. As soon as it's unplugged it shuts down. The battery icon on the status bar says "0% available (plugged in, charging)" but IT DOESN'T CHARGE. I tried your steps and was excited because it appeared to work for a few seconds - the battery meter on the status bar started moving like it was charging, but then it stopped after a few seconds (just like it does on start up). Again, it says "0% available (plugged in, charging)" but IT DOESN'T CHARGE. Just wondering if anyone has any updates about this or if I'm going to need to send it in for repair. It's just a few months old and under warranty. any tips appreciated, thanks.

Disc0
Level :
Posted:1/17/2012 12:07:00 AM # 15
Sorry, I'm posting the same thing in a couple of threads at the moment.

The problem I've got is that the notebook (EeePC 1101HA) runs on the battery, but completely ignores the AC adaptor. - So the charge has only got about 2 minutes left, and it won't recharge it.
The power brick seems to be doing what it should; it's cool, the light is on, and my mulitmeter says it's giving 19V at the tip (although this may die under load, I can't really check that).
However, there's no charging light on the notebook.

What should I be trying? My feeling is that the battery is OK as it stills runs as long as there's charge, but that means the charing circuit on the motherboard has died? - That doesn't sound like a cheap or easy fix.

Help! - I just want to be the hero for my wife and get her notebook working again.

First  Prev  1 2
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.