ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1005HA  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Feedback and Suggestion]1005HA CPU Upgrade New Topic
SCKNST
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:4/21/2010 2:16:00 PM # 1
Hi guys, I want to upgrade my CPU but I didn't decide one of them. Do you have any suggestion. I don't know which CPU will work on my main-board regularly.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Nikita
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 395
Posted:4/21/2010 10:00:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: SCKNST Posted: 4/21/2010 2:16:00 PM

Hi guys, I want to upgrade my CPU but I didn't decide one of them. Do you have any suggestion. I don't know which CPU will work on my main-board regularly.

Are you for real?

I'd go for a Core i7 965. Once you're done please post a Howto for other netbook users!

Forum Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +8 hours -- My Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +2 hours
Mike
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:4/22/2010 9:03:00 AM # 3

Quote:
Author: SCKNST Posted: 4/21/2010 2:16:00 PM

Simply put, upgrading is going to be a HUGE hassle.  The Atom's are soldered on to the mainboards, unlike normal PCs.  This means you have to have some soldering skills to even swap it out.  Next, you can not just buy Atom processors, as they are not sold outright.  You would have to find a mainboard with the processor you want, buy the board, then unsolder the processor.  Also, you will need to look at compatibility, and possible battery life issues.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.