Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1005HAB  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]1005HAB Hotkeys with Win7? New Topic
EZ
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/29/2010 1:44:00 PM # 1
I just installed Win7 on my laptop, only to find that the hotkeys don't work. I'm really a noob when it comes to these things so I have no idea what to do. I've read in a few different places that I need to upgrade my Bios before I do anything, so I went to the Asus downloads site and downloaded the AsusUpgrade utility. After I had installed the newest Bios, I restarted my computer. On startup, it asked me something like if I wanted to configure the Bios or use default values or something, so I went with the latter because I didn't know which one to choose. Then the Windows 7 loading bar came up, followed by a BSOD which lasted for about half a second, and then rebooted. It does this every time.

After that I would still need assistance on getting the hotkeys to work.

Can anyone help me? I really have no clue what to do. I'm reinstalling Win7 right now because I could find no way to fix it the BSOD-reboot problem, and I've tried everything. I;m sure I just upgraded the BIOS incorrectly. If anyone could so much as point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:3/29/2010 10:37:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: EZ Posted: 3/29/2010 1:44:00 PM

I just installed Win7 on my laptop, only to find that the hotkeys don't work. I'm really a noob when it comes to these things so I have no idea what to do. I've read in a few different places that I need to upgrade my Bios before I do anything, so I went to the Asus downloads site and downloaded the AsusUpgrade utility. After I had installed the newest Bios, I restarted my computer. On startup, it asked me something like if I wanted to configure the Bios or use default values or something, so I went with the latter because I didn't know which one to choose. Then the Windows 7 loading bar came up, followed by a BSOD which lasted for about half a second, and then rebooted. It does this every time.

After that I would still need assistance on getting the hotkeys to work.

Can anyone help me? I really have no clue what to do. I'm reinstalling Win7 right now because I could find no way to fix it the BSOD-reboot problem, and I've tried everything. I;m sure I just upgraded the BIOS incorrectly. If anyone could so much as point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

When you finish your Win 7 Reinstall, goto http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=BtksJTDENqfsnuyf and click on the download tab.  Select Win 7 and use all the drivers there.  Although it is the 1005ha, the 1005hab will work properly with these drivers.

As far as the BSOD.... I am not really sure what is causing that issue.  That very well may be fixed with your re-install.

Let us know.
Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
EZ
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/30/2010 4:53:00 AM # 3
Thanks for your prompt reply, DrZ. It's funny, because the last time I went through those steps I would continuously get error messages on startup, but it didn't do that this time. Needless to say it worked perfectly.

Now I just have to figure out what the deal with the BIOS is...

Nikita
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 395
Posted:4/8/2010 6:34:00 PM # 4

Quote:
Author: EZ Posted: 3/30/2010 4:53:00 AM

Thanks for your prompt reply, DrZ. It's funny, because the last time I went through those steps I would continuously get error messages on startup, but it didn't do that this time. Needless to say it worked perfectly.

Now I just have to figure out what the deal with the BIOS is...

Most likely you need to change (inside the BIOS) HDD-controller from IDE to AHCI or from AHCI to IDE, depending on the current setting.

Forum Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +8 hours -- My Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +2 hours
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.