ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1005PE  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Sharing]Asus Car Charger, where to buy? New Topic
Barefoot
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/27/2010 2:17:00 AM # 1
Does anyone know where I can buy an Asus-certified car charger for my 1005PE?  I don't want to buy a cheap one on Ebay or Amazon as I have heard they can damage the computer.  And not all of them work with the 1005PE.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:3/27/2010 11:20:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: Barefoot Posted: 3/27/2010 2:17:00 AM

Does anyone know where I can buy an Asus-certified car charger for my 1005PE?  I don't want to buy a cheap one on Ebay or Amazon as I have heard they can damage the computer.  And not all of them work with the 1005PE.

Take your AC charger with you to a Best Buy, a Frys, or any decent electronics store.  The information on the back of your power adapter will tell them the voltage and current needed.  The plug will give them the dimensions of the plug into the netbook.  They can then provide the proper car charger.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Conley
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/28/2010 2:30:00 AM # 3
I got mine from Amazon.com when I ordered my Asus EEE PC:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HL0NE4/ref=oss_product

It works great for me.

People who push "Political Correctness" as an answer to intolerance have been, in general, some of the most intolerant people I've known.
chrismmm
Level :
Tech Points : 44
Posted:3/28/2010 7:11:00 AM # 4
another option would be to go to wally world and get an inverter..about 25$..this box cant draw too much wattage!

chrismmm 1005 pe owner
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.