SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > M4N78 SE  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]My Asus M4N78-SE Motherboard overheat idle temperature at 82-84 c New Topic
Jackson
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/26/2010 10:33:00 PM # 1
My Asus M4N78-SE Motherboard overheat idle temperature at 82-84 c, what has cause this problem? And previously my PC just hang for a few times, Is the overheat problem that have cause this? any solution for it, thank you

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18146
Posted:3/27/2010 2:54:00 AM # 2
Hi J...

Although I suspect you may be talking about your processor (idle temp)I am not absolutely clear..  Are you referring to the processor or the 'motherboard' temperature...?

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Jackson
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/27/2010 12:30:00 PM # 3
Oh sorry for misleading u, i am referring to the motherboard temperature, not the processor temperature

Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18146
Posted:3/27/2010 9:04:00 PM # 4
Hi J..

The 'motherboard' temperature sensor is located behind PCIEX1_2....  and gets affected by the video card.  But 80c is way too hot... even for a system that can do SLI which yours can not...  So I think that either you have a case cooling problem... or the sensor is defective. 

You can check the sensor with a can of compressed air.  With the system running and the side of the case off, start up Asus Probe...  Then shoot some air behind PCIEX1_2 and watch the 'motherboard' temperature reading...  if it goes down, you have a case cooling problem..  If it doesn't, you have a sensor problem.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.