ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1001P  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Touchpad not working New Topic
Tran
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/25/2010 12:41:00 PM # 1
I had this ASUS 1001p netbook working fine for two months running on Windows XP until recently when the touchpad, along with the buttons, suddenly stopped working. However, the keyboard is still functional. I received the following error message from the pop-up Hotkeyservice window during start-up: "Can't Find TouchPad Device." Upon pressing Fn+F3, I noticed "Touch pad OFF" was displayed only but no "Touch pad ON". I have tried reinstalling the touchpad drivers downloaded via the Asus support website, but it was no help. I have also done a clean installation of Windows XP, but the problem persists. I have even updated the BIOS. This leads me to believe that the problem lies in hardward malfunction rather than software/drivers. Have you any suggestions in solving the issue?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
eyesus
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/25/2010 8:51:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: Tran Posted: 3/25/2010 12:41:00 PM

I had this ASUS 1001p netbook working fine for two months running on Windows XP until recently when the touchpad, along with the buttons, suddenly stopped working. However, the keyboard is still functional. I received the following error message from the pop-up Hotkeyservice window during start-up: "Can't Find TouchPad Device." Upon pressing Fn+F3, I noticed "Touch pad OFF" was displayed only but no "Touch pad ON". I have tried reinstalling the touchpad drivers downloaded via the Asus support website, but it was no help. I have also done a clean installation of Windows XP, but the problem persists. I have even updated the BIOS. This leads me to believe that the problem lies in hardward malfunction rather than software/drivers. Have you any suggestions in solving the issue?

Hi Mate !!!

not to worry  i will suggest u go through this link asus support...http://support.asus.de/download/

n try download n install ASUS 1001p OS SUPPORT  drivers .n software.. make sure u r installing correct  OS supported drivers

Advanced Configuration ans Power Interface Driver
Advanced Configuration ans Power Interface Driver for WIN XP
try install atk driver its works

i had same problem n its works on me eeePC 1201T

Asus i love u..... EYESUS....
Tran
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/26/2010 4:21:00 PM # 3
Thank you eyesus for the reply. I tried what you suggested but it did not work.

schulte
Level :
Posted:5/7/2010 7:08:00 AM # 4
hey,
i have actually the same problem with my asus eee pc 1005 ha. since 2 months the touchpad is not working any more. after start there comes a pop up saying "HotkeyService Error: cant find touchpad". i have updated the touchpad driver, bios and almost all other drivers, but the problem is not solved...
has anybody any idea?
the system runs with windows 7

marvin
Level :
Posted:8/5/2010 11:16:00 PM # 5
hello schulte,.i'm having the same problem on my 1005HA I wonder if you got it fixed?if yes. would you mind to share it to me,.i've done all those previous suggestions, Unluckily I failed..looking forward....thanks a lot

Monodelphis
Level :
Posted:8/14/2010 2:09:00 AM # 6
Hi, I also own a ASUS1001P, running with Windows7, also working fine for 3-4 months... I have exactly the same issue with my touchpad, no "Touchpad ON" hotkey and sometimes, my keyboard is not working at all and I have to restart Windows. Has someone solved this issue or is this a real hardware malfunction, and should we return our product to ASUS?? Thanks

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.