ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > A42Jr  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Laptop battery not charging [suddenly] New Topic
Triple-H
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/18/2010 10:52:00 PM # 1
Hi, Few days ago, I purchased an ASUS A42J laptop. I charged it for 8 hours before using it for the first time. Until yesterday, the laptop performed very well, and when I shut it down yesterday, it installed some Windows updates [as usual]. The battery level was around 10%. This morning, I pressed the power button of the laptop, but it didn't work. So I connected it to the AC power supply and pressed the power button again, and it worked. I then logged in and checked the battery level. It said" 0% available, plugged in(charging) So I kept it for a while and checked it back and it was the same. Then, I shut down the laptop, and kept it connected to the adapter for more than 1 hour, then I booted again and checked the battery level, and it was still the same: 0% I tried performing a system restore to a point before my last update, and that didn't help. So I performed another restore to the day I first ran the laptop, and it did not help as well. Please note that I removed the battery, then made sure to place it well in place before attempting to charge. Also, I tried removing the power cord while my laptop was ON and the battery was connected, and the laptop shut down immediately. I suppose this means it is not even attempting to get power from the battery. Is there anyway to solve this problem? One more question: I feel very annoyed by Windows 7 and I would like to install Linux on a separate partition and KEEP Windows, will that void my warranty? Please help ASAP, Thanks alot!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Triple-H
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/19/2010 10:03:00 PM # 2
Hello? Please help! I tried upgrading my BIOS and doing all updates for Windows, nothing works,,, I can't find battery calibration utility in BIOS too,,, please help

chelle
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:5/31/2010 2:50:00 PM # 3
wow i had the same problem with you guys i bought my a42jr apr 14 this year and after a few days i notice that may battery is not charging same case with you so i bring it to the asus center here in place, they replace may motherboard because they said that the problem is in the motherboard, when i pick up it, it seems everything is okay it was charging very well its like 100% full charged but after like 3days with my new motherboard the batt is not charging again and until now my laptop is still in the asus center and i think they couldnt fix it... and now im requesting to have maybe a new one...

what seems to be the problem with this model?

i thought this was the best... but i guess i was wrong... /sigh

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.