ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1005HA  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Connect my eee pc to the tv New Topic
Nilsson
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/16/2010 8:41:00 PM # 1
Hi! I wonder what cabel i need to connect my pc to my tv, and also if it is possible to get sound as well and how? Thanx

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:3/16/2010 9:07:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: Nilsson Posted: 3/16/2010 8:41:00 PM

Hi! I wonder what cabel i need to connect my pc to my tv, and also if it is possible to get sound as well and how? Thanx

You need to look at the back of your TV.  If you have a VGA port (D-Sub 15pin) then you can purchase a monitor cable to go between your netbook and the TV.  As far as sound, you will need some amplified speakers to plug into your headset jack of your netbook.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Technonurse
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:3/17/2010 9:31:00 PM # 3
If you're not lucky enough to have a vga connection on your tv, you could try something like this:
http://www.usbvideoadapter.com/Video_Audio_Adapter/audio_index.htm

...or you could search google for a usb-to-composite video adapter and see what turns up... just be sure you get something that will work with whatever connections you have on your tv. :)

Izzi
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:3/22/2010 9:09:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: DrZ Posted: 3/16/2010 9:07:00 PM

Quote:
Author: Nilsson Posted: 3/16/2010 8:41:00 PM

You need to look at the back of your TV.  If you have a VGA port (D-Sub 15pin) then you can purchase a monitor cable to go between your netbook and the TV.  As far as sound, you will need some amplified speakers to plug into your headset jack of your netbook.

Best Regards,
DrZ

What about the pic quality? Already tried before connecting video cable from my GRAPHIC CARD from my pc to the tv. The image was ok but a bit hard to see.

Is there any major different image from tv and pc monitor?

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.