ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P7P55D PRO  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Floppy Drive New Topic
Bill
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/13/2010 11:53:00 PM # 1
Folks first complete build I've done. I am baffled how to hook up my floppy drive to this mobo. I have an Ultra (ULT40366) USB 2.0 Floppy Disk Drive/All in one card reader. I am able to connect the USB side of the card reader, but can't figure out how to connect the floppy drive portion of the floppy. Do I need a special IDE ribbon cable?

Thanks in advance

Bill

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Pete
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 40
Posted:4/13/2010 4:35:00 AM # 2

I'm a novice at the newer stuff but I have added a floppy drive before. I know the ribbon cable was NOT a standard IDE cable. I'm looking at the cable I salvaged last week from this computer. One end looks like the standard cable which goes to the controller. The other end is very different.

I would suggest searching on how to go from a ide controller to a floppy drive first; this would include cabling, etc. I kow this mobo has 1 ide connector (pata not sata); now see if this connector can be used for a floppy drive with the cable you looked for earlier.

Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18338
Posted:4/13/2010 4:42:00 AM # 3

Quote:
Author: Bill Posted: 3/13/2010 11:53:00 PM

Folks first complete build I've done. I am baffled how to hook up my floppy drive to this mobo. I have an Ultra (ULT40366) USB 2.0 Floppy Disk Drive/All in one card reader. I am able to connect the USB side of the card reader, but can't figure out how to connect the floppy drive portion of the floppy. Do I need a special IDE ribbon cable?

Thanks in advance

Bill

Hi Bill.. 

The board doesn't have a floppy drive port... so that is not going to work

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.