Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]G72GX BIOS Update New Topic
Josh
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/12/2010 6:41:00 AM # 1
Hello,

I am currently having some fps issues during random times in gameplay on my G72. Some days I can run games such as MW2, Bad Company 2, and Crysis with no fps problems whatsoever. Other days it decides to lag tremendously. Not sure why this is happening, I am running Speedfan and it shows my GPU at 52-64 and CPU both at 40-48 (during gameplay on average). After doing some research, it seems that there might be an issue with the BIOS, something about the GPU overheating, and overcompensating therefor causes the fps to drop dramatically... Anywho, I have downloaded the BIOS 602 update, but I'm not sure how to install/update my current BIOS. (Honestly, I'm not even sure which update I am currently running, nor do I know how to check it).

So my question is, how would I go about updating my BIOS? Is there a tutorial somewhere in the forums?

P.S. Also, I'm not %100 sure this is going to solve my problem, so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Dan
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/17/2010 11:01:00 AM # 2
http://support.asus.com/

It should have a place where you narrow the results down to your specific model #. After that move to the download section, and then the BIOS Utility section.

When I updated my BIOS I used the WinFLASH utility. It's pretty self explanatory. You launch the utility and then you select the new BIOS file and then start the update.

It'll do it's magic and reboot the machine.

Pretty nice eh?

You may want to read up a little more just to make sure which BIOS version your model is compatible with.

Best of Luck

Dan
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/17/2010 11:05:00 AM # 3
One more thing I forgot to mention is another post I was just reading on this forum suggested that if you machine has went into "SLEEP" mode at all before you start your game it will cause those symptoms. As with any PC if I let it sit for too long and it falls asleep, I usually have to reboot the machine to fully wake it up for some reason. This may apply to all computers, or crappy power settings.

Maybe just maybe these machines are staying up way too late and don't get enough sleep... so they get all jittery because their legs fell asleep. ;)

Raihala
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:6/7/2011 10:25:00 AM # 4
I am trying to update my bios. I have the winflash utility and have downloaded the file from the asus site. When I try to "open" it with winflash. Winflash tells me it is the wrong size (723kb). Huh? It is the one from the official website!

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.