Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > O!Play HDP-R1  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Problems playing MKV Format New Topic
zerokid
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/6/2010 3:31:00 AM # 1
I've been playing around with my o!play for a couple days now and have tried a couple different firmware current firmware is 1.21N the problem is when i play anything in the mkv format it randomly stops playing for a couple seconds then with play for a while and freeze again. It doesnt do it with anyother format but mkv, which is a pain because i have 9 movies in that format. is anyone else having this problem?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Nelson
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 10
Posted:3/6/2010 10:51:00 AM # 2

Quote:
Author: zerokid Posted: 3/6/2010 3:31:00 AM

I've been playing around with my o!play for a couple days now and have tried a couple different firmware current firmware is 1.21N the problem is when i play anything in the mkv format it randomly stops playing for a couple seconds then with play for a while and freeze again. It doesnt do it with anyother format but mkv, which is a pain because i have 9 movies in that format. is anyone else having this problem?

As a customer, I've never encountered any issues with playing mkv files.  Did you try connecting an eSATA or USB drive directly to the O!Play?  It could just be the network latency issue with high bit rate files.

I would be willing to try a problem mkv file on my O!Play (at 1.21N) to see if the problem can be recreated.  Just post a link if you'd like.

Poker
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 305
Posted:3/7/2010 12:35:00 AM # 3
I have this problem after using the "file copy" feature to copy to my external hard drive.
If I try to play the file immediately, the info (play time) is correct but it only plays for a few seconds and stops. If you turn off the O!play and turn it back on the file will then play correctly.

jackson
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/7/2010 3:26:00 AM # 4
this is zerokid on my co-workers account, i've tried down esata and usb each and at the same time, i still have the problem. i dont run it through my network i have a 1.5 TB harddrive i use to connect to my oplay, and i can send you a file if you want but the size ranges from 4-9 GB per movie.

stef1982
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/8/2010 5:46:00 PM # 5
I have the same problem when i am transfering files from my NAS. It only copies 200 MB from 4GB for example. Also, because of this, those mkv files are stopping when being played from NAS.

civilmonkey
Level :
Posted:2/24/2011 8:17:00 AM # 6
I can confirm the same problem. I'm running 1.21N firmware and playing a MVK from a USB 2.0 HD plugged directly into the O!play Air. The movie either freezes after 5-60 seconds and reboots the O!play, OR, it lags for 5-10 seconds, then starts playing again.

LeMaestro
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/24/2011 9:16:00 AM # 7
Quote:
Author: jackson Posted: 3/7/2010 3:26:00 AM

this is zerokid on my co-workers account, i've tried down esata and usb each and at the same time, i still have the problem. i dont run it through my network i have a 1.5 TB harddrive i use to connect to my oplay, and i can send you a file if you want but the size ranges from 4-9 GB per movie.

Quote:
Author: Poker Posted: 3/7/2010 12:35:00 AM

I have this problem after using the "file copy" feature to copy to my external hard drive.
If I try to play the file immediately, the info (play time) is correct but it only plays for a few seconds and stops. If you turn off the O!play and turn it back on the file will then play correctly.

I have found out that using the internal copy feature from my  O!Play on my external Seagate 2T USB hardrive to copy files to it, gives me files indexing errors on the drive.
To cure the problem I have to plug the drives into my computers and run the windows scan disk utility to fix it.
Most of the new hard drives over 1 Tb will run flawlessly with Vista or Win 7 but need special drivers to work with other OS, even with XP.

I now always use my computer to copy files to my hard disk and I have no ore problem.
P.S. By the way an .mkv file with a compressed header will not run on the  O!Play.

ICONOS
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:2/27/2011 5:47:00 AM # 8
What is the problem with MKV format that it's imposible to view subtitles with it?

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.