Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > O!Play HDP-R1  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Feedback and Suggestion]XBMC on O!play New Topic
PapaCharlie
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:3/2/2010 8:30:00 PM # 1
XBMC happy user on a old XBOX. Unfortunately does not play HD MKV.

Tried an O!play, but being used to work, fidle and enjoy XBMC, I got the feeling that the OPlay is only in the beginning, lacking most of the simple features offered by XBMC. Asus engineers/developers should take a closer look at xbmc, and if not possible to make it equal, at least should try to learn with one of the best stream software for a HTPC in the market...

Please comment.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Farmand
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 170
Posted:3/3/2010 6:04:00 AM # 2

Quote:
Author: PapaCharlie Posted: 3/2/2010 8:30:00 PM

XBMC happy user on a old XBOX. Unfortunately does not play HD MKV.

Tried an O!play, but being used to work, fidle and enjoy XBMC, I got the feeling that the OPlay is only in the beginning, lacking most of the simple features offered by XBMC. Asus engineers/developers should take a closer look at xbmc, and if not possible to make it equal, at least should try to learn with one of the best stream software for a HTPC in the market...

Please comment.

Amen to that.. If it could be done, it would be great. But its already been tryed on other forums, but the internal "harddrive" on the O!Play is not big enough to be able to have the real XBMC installed..

But yes, Asus could learn ALOT from this great peace of sofeware..

Glob
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/3/2010 4:03:00 PM # 3
I'm aslo a big XBMC fan. It Asus could at least add a similar "browse by cover art" and a basic scraper (= grab the imdb info or so) that would make the whole experience more enjoyable...

PapaCharlie
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:3/3/2010 6:38:00 PM # 4
"Internal HDD" is not the problem if one can use an external hdd or usb pen to mount a partition, it has already been done, with some optware.

Catalin
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 219
Posted:3/3/2010 8:14:00 PM # 5
It is a problem, cause you cannot install optware if you do not have a tiny free memory in the player's flash memory. It has been done on firmware 1.17 and earlier by getting rid of the asian characters font file, but from 1.18 onwards there is no free memory and no file that can be deleted without causing problems.

The Power of Dreams
Fatmacheto
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:3/4/2010 3:20:00 AM # 6
XBMC can only run ot x86 systems.It`s been discussed with the developers of XBMC.Besides 400 mhz of CPU power aren`t enough.But dreaming of this colaboration one of the best multimedia players will be created!

Don`t know what you`ve got till its gone
PlayMe
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 8
Posted:5/28/2011 11:14:00 AM # 7
XBMC now works fine on Windows 7 x64

TomG
Level :
Tech Points : 7
Posted:6/1/2011 4:39:00 AM # 8

Quote:
Author: PlayMe Posted: 5/28/2011 11:14:00 AM

If you have money to waste, yes. For everyone else I'd recommend xbmc live (or, better yet for people who only want xbmc and nothing else, openELEC.tv) on a neat ION based system.

PlayMe
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 8
Posted:6/6/2011 9:30:00 AM # 9

Quote:
Author: TomG Posted: 6/1/2011 4:39:00 AM

Quote:
Author: PlayMe Posted: 5/28/2011 11:14:00 AM

If you have money to waste, yes. For everyone else I'd recommend xbmc live (or, better yet for people who only want xbmc and nothing else, openELEC.tv) on a neat ION based system.

I don't understand your response. XBMC is free. Unless you meant money wasted on Windows 7??? In which case I was merely commenting for the benefit of people using Windows 7 x64, that they can use XBMC, no problems. I was in no way suggesting that anyone should buy Windows 7 simply to run XBMC, which would be utterly ridiculous.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.