ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1000HD/XP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]My 1000HD will not boot up New Topic
Pond
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/2/2010 8:57:00 AM # 1
                Hi, I hope this isn't to much of a repeat topic, but my EEE Pc 1000HD won't even turn on anymore.  I've tried many different methods, removing the battery and cord and hitting the reset button; removing the battery (leaving in the AC adapter) and hitting the power button 3 times, and any other various combination of methods I can come up with or I've come across in the various posts on this site.  As of now, I am at my wits end.  The only lights on out of the 4 led's are the 'light bulb' (always comes on first) then the 'battery' (if its in) and the 'wireless' blinks on once then will not come on again, and the hard drive (the 'can' symbol) never lights up.

Leading up to this problem, the computer would sporadically
freeze then the monitor would turn a solid 'mono' color - something like a light blue or a sea-foam green for example (Not the BSoD, mind you).  I have not received any Windows or ASUS error warnings. I was really hoping this was an XP error but this latest issue leads me to suspect a hardware problem.  I know that the LCD monitor works, every 15 attempts or so it will actually boot up into Windows but then I restart or it freezes and I have to start this madness all over again.  I bought this machine from Best Buy and I have scoured my old packaging hoping to find the 'restore' or 'Support Disk' but I am 100% positive that there was never any included.  As far as I know, I haven't (hadn't) installed any new software previous to these issues and I haven't upgraded any of the hardware.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Dan
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/26/2010 9:01:00 PM # 2
My sister's computer had this problem, I replaced the RAM chip and now it's fine. Flaky chips seem to be a known problem for this model.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.