Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > K40IN  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]disable touch pad New Topic
Mutch
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:2/28/2010 3:44:00 AM # 1
I have an Asus Notebook and I want to disable the on board mouse and touchpad, I don't use them and all they do is aggravate me when my cursor mysteriously jumps because I touch the touchpad..which of course leads to a whole other kind of curser...:)

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Chris
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 6
Posted:2/28/2010 6:33:00 AM # 2
Ok first is check if "Elantech Touchpad driver" was already installed in your system, if no, you must download it at the download section for Asus K40IN and install it, you might be requested to restart your laptop after installation.

If yes then go to the Control Panel and select Classic View (for easier approach), click for "Mouse" which will open the mouse properties, and look for the tab with the word "ELAN". Click the tab and look for the check box that says "Disable when external USB mouse plug in". Check it, press Apply then close. You can also disable the touchpad here for good by selecting "Elan Smart-Pad" at the list and clicking the "Stop Device".

Now every time you plugin a USB mouse. Your on board touchpad will be disbaled automatically.

You will also find another setting at your control panel called "Multi-Finger" for added configurations for your touchpad..

I hope this helps..

-Chris

syd
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 7
Posted:2/28/2010 10:33:00 AM # 3
you can disable it from cmos settings, on board pointing device.
keep on tapping F2 upon laptop power up to enter cmos settings.

Abing
Level :
Tech Points : 7
Posted:2/28/2010 10:07:00 PM # 4
You can also disable Touchpad by pressing FN + F9.

http://aromaofworship.com
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.