ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > G71Gx  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]ATK ACPI Driver New Topic
Golden
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:2/25/2010 1:46:00 PM # 1
Hi I upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit using my own copy and I've been having a lot of trouble with the drivers. I proceeded to download them individually but began to have trouble with some getting an error "can only run on ASUS notebook." After some googling I realized that upgrading the BIOS might do the trick. But I can't run the copy of winflash I downloaded from ASUS without getting the error "ATK ACPI kernel mode driver must be installed first." The only problem is that the only one I've been able to find on ASUS is for 32 bit Windows 7 and gives me an error when I try to install it. I'm willing to do a clean reinstall of Windows 7 if there's an easier way for me to get all the drivers all at once or make everything work. Or if I just need this last driver to make everything go smoothly that works too. Thanks.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Andri
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 324
Posted:2/25/2010 7:28:00 PM # 2
Use the Asus EasyFlash in the BIOS instead of WinFlash. Just download the new BIOS, extract/unzip it to C:\, and start Asus EasyFlash to update the BIOS. To enter Asus EasyFlash, press F4 during startup while the Asus logo is showing. Another way is to press F2 during starting while the logo is showing to enter BIOS, then choose Asus Easy Flash from the menu in the BIOS to start it.

Here's a more detailed guide: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=174395

Good luck!

Golden
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:2/26/2010 2:27:00 PM # 3
So I had no problem updating the BIOS using the EasyFlash. Thanks so much for your help. But I'm still having problems with some of the drivers. I'm still getting the error message "Can only run on an ASUS notebook." The major one is the Direct Console but I kinda wanna get everything working correctly. Through all this I almost want to just reinstall Vista with the reecovery disk I was given just so everything will be working properly but I really would rather have Windows 7. Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Andri
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 324
Posted:2/26/2010 3:08:00 PM # 4
Did you buy your G71Gx from Best Buy? I think the Best Buy model requires slightly different drivers and utilities. However, since your notebook came with a recovery disk it's not likely to be a Best Buy model.

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling all the ATK utilities again. I think they need to be installed in a certain order as follows:
1. ATKACPI driver
2. ATK Generic Function Service Utility
3. ATK Hotkey Utility

The other 2 utilities (ATKOSD2 and ATK Media) are optional, but probably still a good idea to install them. You should also install the Keyboard Device Filter Utility which is available in the Others section. After installing all that, then finally try to install the other utilities.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.