ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Graphic Card > EAH5750 Series  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]EAH 5750 video issues New Topic
Patel
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/24/2010 5:08:00 AM # 1
Please help!!!

I have a band new pc, home built running Windows 7 64bit, 4gb of ram, 1tb HDD, quad core 2.66ghz duo on a Asus p5ql-em motherboard and a 850W power supply with a EAH-5750 card runiing the newest drivers from the beginign 2 weeks ago.  The card works well and is silent for streaming movies and light games like team fortress 2 but if i play a taxing game like Dirt 2 or left for dead 2 the video (and sound as all run through HDMI) cuts out after 5 to 10 minutes, doesnt come back and i have to restart the pc.  there is no exact time when it dies and i have turned down the resolution to 480 and gone form the home theatre its hooked up to to a vga input lcd and it still fails after 5 - 10 minutes.

There hanst been a thermal warning either....

Please help

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Bools
Level :
Posted:4/12/2010 7:13:00 PM # 2
hi all, i have the exact same problem. it is verry frustrating, does anyone have a fix?

Kent
Level :
Posted:4/29/2010 9:59:00 PM # 3
Hey guys, I got the exact same problem, it's driving me nuts. PC freezes every 10 minutes when playing a game and my screen goes black randomly (also while in windows).
I tried several different drivers from ASUS as well as from ATI and it seems like it's only getting worse. I even underclocked the card, to no avail.
I can NOT recommend ATI Cards at the moment, it's really, really frustrating how unstable these things are.

I'm running Win 7 x64, Mainboard Asrock x58 Extreme, Core i7 920, 12GB Ram, ASUS EAH 5750.

Gerisonti
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 275
Posted:4/29/2010 11:14:00 PM # 4
Try with the last drivers 10.4 from ati site
 the freeze issue its not always from card same time it happen from ram or registry or something else
 test your vga in another pc or try with OS 32 bit
sorry for bad English. 

MB ASUS P6T Deluxe oc palm Cpu Intel Core i7 920 Cpu cooler Corsair H50 Graphic Card SAPPHIRE 5970 RAM 3gb Kingston CASE ZALMAN gt 900 SOUND card CREATIVE Extreme Gamer HDD Velociraptor PSU Cooler master 900watt SPEAKERS LOGITECH Z5500 Gaming Keyboard LOGITECH G19 gaming mouse LOGITECH G9 Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
Kent
Level :
Posted:5/3/2010 8:01:00 PM # 5
I replaced my card with a Sapphire 5750 with 512 MB Ram and the freeze-ups don't happen at all during the game. I also upgraded to 10.4 drivers.
However, almost every time (>75%) I end a League of Legends game the PC completely hangs up and I need to do a hard reset. I suspect there are still major issues with ATI GPUs clocking down and hanging themselves up in the process ... which not necessarily has anything to do with ASUS, Sapphire, HIS, MSI or any of the other manufacturers.

I don't understand how there can still be so serious issues with ATI 5xxx when they are on the market for more than 6 months.

I'll try it again with my ASUS card and the 10.4 drivers. If that doesn't work I'll return the card as being defect. Are there any ASUS employees aware of the problem? Maybe it can be fixed with a firmware update.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.