ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > UL30A  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Atheros AR5B95 drivers New Topic
Gozalbo
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:1/24/2010 12:58:00 AM # 1
Hello people, I have a problem with my wifi connection. For some reason it keeps on disconnecting whenever it feels like it. I think the problem is with the drivers as on the back of the laptop there is a sticker that states that the wifi adapter is an Atheros AR5B95, while windows drivers says it is an atheros AR9285. I can't find the AR5B95 drivers anywhere, not even on the Asus driver download site. Does anyone have the same problem? My OS is windows 7 64bit. Thank you for help

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Mariachi
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:2/12/2010 2:34:00 AM # 2
Los updates de windows 7 cuando te conectas a internet no te encuentra los drivers?

cos
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/14/2010 8:31:00 PM # 3
Hey I have the same problem on my K40IJ with Windows 7 64bit. The wifi adapter shuts off randomly and I need to  reboot the laptop to have it come back on.

Windows shows me that the AR9285 driver is installed (version 8.0.0.238) but the sticker under the laptop says AR5B95.

Have you found a solution?

Quote:
Author: Gozalbo Posted: 1/24/2010 12:58:00 AM

Hello people, I have a problem with my wifi connection. For some reason it keeps on disconnecting whenever it feels like it. I think the problem is with the drivers as on the back of the laptop there is a sticker that states that the wifi adapter is an Atheros AR5B95, while windows drivers says it is an atheros AR9285. I can't find the AR5B95 drivers anywhere, not even on the Asus driver download site. Does anyone have the same problem? My OS is windows 7 64bit. Thank you for help

Tafka
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/11/2010 12:21:00 PM # 4
same problem here. i am using k52f notebook. found any solutions?

Tafka
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/13/2010 5:50:00 AM # 5
sry for topeltpost but i may have the solution. so i write it here for somebody else. in my case the problem was caused by router. other computers connected well to this router exept mine (only one who has atheros wifi card). The router was trendnet tew-651br. so i just simply upgraded routers firmware witch is available on trendnets homepage. problem solved. i hope it will help someone.

adko
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/15/2010 1:25:00 AM # 6

Quote:
Author: Gozalbo Posted: 1/24/2010 12:58:00 AM

I have same problem with my UL80JT :(

Vladimir
Level :
Posted:10/2/2010 7:27:00 AM # 7
Same problem here with a 2 months old UL80jt. What I discovered so far: I updated the driver in the AR9285 from 8.0.0.xxx to 9.0.0.125 and it did not help. I uninstall the driver completely and then install it again but no luck fixing the problem. When I start the laptop it connects fine and after 5 min it drops. Sometimes I will be able to reconnect right away but most times I have to reboot it to get to work again. When the wi-fi goes out the indicator light on the front of the laptop goes out too and I can't get it to go on without reboot. I have tried different routers, hot spots and ect. but it is the same story. I am thinking the problem is with the hardware/ wi-fi card/ or the driver but not likely. I tried 3 different drivers and it is still the same thing. I'll post if I find a solution. P.S. A lot of people have problems with the same card and it is the same issue. Somewhere I was reading that it may be the power management for the card that it turns it on and off so often.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.