Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Change EeePC default wallpaper/theme New Topic
Twist
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/23/2010 11:42:00 AM # 1
I am getting sick of seeing the Eee PC default wallpaper and not being able to personalize my computer with what background and theme I want. It is a the Windows 7 edition Asus Eee PC 1005PEB. Please, does someone know how to get rid of this crap?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
JoeF
Level :
Tech Points : 285
Posted:1/23/2010 11:56:00 AM # 2
If I remember right, the Win 7 starter edition doesn't have the ability to change the wallpaper. Microsoft wants more money for a version of Win7 that allows it...
There is probably some hack out there somewhere... Make sure you have a virus checker running before downloading any such hack...
Or you could install an OS that doesn't have such silly restrictions, like Linux, or, if you prefer Windows, XP.

Black EeePC 900, Linux (Easy Peasy 1.5), and an assortment of other Linux and Unix systems. Running Slackware Linux since 1993. Developing software under Windows and Linux.
matthews
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:1/25/2010 12:54:00 AM # 3
> got this off BB review:
I do have to add, i dont know how many reviews that i have read about netbooks with windows 7 starter(probably hundreds) and they all say the same thing....that you canot change the desktop background. Well you can ! on that very top of your screen on home page, there should be a tab that is built in to the asus, when you click on it you will see EEE TOOLS, click that too, then click on SYSTEM SETTINGS, and from there you can change the back ground, itll give you option of using a few asus ones, but if you click on the tab in the system setting, you will see the option to use sample pictures as your wallpaper....very easy probably takes about 30 sec from start to finish..

Galaxioz
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/10/2010 7:48:00 AM # 4
Open EEE Docking
Click EEE Tools
Click System Tools

You can change your background in there. You can also set it to change your background automatically everyday. I like it much better then the way windows did it.

Katusic
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/3/2010 8:30:00 PM # 5
Hello!
I also wondered how to change desktop background on my eee pc 1005p, and I didn't find a way to do it. When I go to
Asus dock on the top of the screen and click on Tools, it gives me an option to enter only the docking settings, there are no system tools and I can't change it?!!
And I really can't look at their default light blue background, it irritates me...
any help?

davecason
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:3/9/2010 4:17:00 AM # 6
Hi,

I jsut got my 1005PE on Saturday.
- Blue
- $400 CDN
- added another gig of RAM
- and a 16 GB SD card.

I tried to use the EEE tools to change it and got no where - any other ideas or suggestions please?

Cheers'
Dave

IT Geek living and working in Calgary - Canada - Earth
TeaDea
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/14/2010 10:27:00 PM # 7
Not thie new ones dude only 4 options not system settings you were lucky

Shadow
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/28/2010 2:22:00 AM # 8
hello, i just have one quick question is there anyway to set a picture as your background on a Eee pc 900a linux netbook?

any thing other than this blasted themes would be great thanks.

Telai
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/8/2012 9:43:00 PM # 9
hi buti cannot see system tools all that was there was ive update.. :(

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.