Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > O!Play Air  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Can't get into shared folders on OSX. New Topic
Kolstein
Level :
Tech Points : 34
Posted:1/24/2010 5:45:00 AM # 11
I hope Asus will test connecting with OS X sharesfor the new firmware to be released.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Hastie
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:1/25/2010 6:51:00 AM # 12
Found a workaround. I have plugged in an external hard drive into the Extreme. O!Play saw it easily and I can still access it from the iMac.

Twitch_City
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:2/9/2010 1:56:00 AM # 13

Quote:
Author: Hastie Posted: 1/25/2010 6:51:00 AM

Found a workaround. I have plugged in an external hard drive into the Extreme. O!Play saw it easily and I can still access it from the iMac.

I just found this thread and it might apply to me (if I can get the O!Play successfully on to my wireless network that is). 

I'm just wondering: your "workaround" is just to take an external hard drive to your iMac, copy the files over and then plug it into the O!Play?  Isn't this the same as just throwing the files on a USB key?  So the workaround totally circumvents using any network sharing...  I guess that is a workaround but, when the computer is on a completely different floor than the O!Play (as it is in my case), it seems slightly ridiculous to have to do!  Especially when one of the reasons I bought the O!Play was for its wireless functionality.

Did you ever get the network sharing to work with OS X?  I'm going to be working with 10.5.8 (my iMac is too stable to think about installing Snow Leopard on it).  I'll post to say how it goes.

Kolstein
Level :
Tech Points : 34
Posted:2/17/2010 5:19:00 PM # 14
I think Hastie meant plugging in an external HD into the Airport Extreme thereby bypassing the Mac itself. The drive presents itself in the network as a diskdrive which can be used to put media files on. The O!PLay then sees this disk and its contents without issues. Connections is still networked but only a "hop" closer to the O!Play.

tvjohn
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 232
Posted:2/18/2010 4:16:00 AM # 15
I'm watching a movie now (it's actually an "Eye-TV" broadcast tv recording) streamed from a 1.5Tb HD plugged into the USB port on our AEBS. The advantage is that it's always available, & doesn't matter if no mac is switched on.

I posted in another related thread about O!Play sharing mac files.

frustrated
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:2/22/2010 7:36:00 PM # 16

Hello,

I am new on this forum and hope, to find some help.

I am not able to connect the O!Play to my WLAN (Airport Extreme, Mac OS 10.6) with 5GHz. It only sees the 2,4 GHz from my neighboors. But my signal is strong enough. Is it technically possible, to connect to 802.11n with 5GHz?

Second question: how do you "introduce/connect" the O!Play to your network? Via Airport program or directly in the box. If so, do I have after switching on the box each time to connect to the network again and enter the WPA key? This is quite time consuming and uncomfortable with they remote.

I would be more than happy, if somebody here can give me advice. The support in fact knows nothing and told me to check in forums.

Thanks in advance.

VIP member, wich is VIP-like frustrated

tvjohn
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 232
Posted:2/23/2010 2:09:00 AM # 17
Hello "frustrated".

Just set your AEBS to transmit on 2.4 as well. The R3 doesn't support 5GHz I'm afraid.

You could buy a Realtek wifi "dongle" which does support 5GHz, & plug that into a usb hub connected to your R3 if it's essential for you to use 5GHz.

Use the "setup" button on your remote & go to "Network" tab on your O!Play & set it up from there.

I too use an AEBS with mac's

frustrated
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/24/2010 4:35:00 AM # 18
Thanks a lot tvjohn! I've just send it back and ordered the HDP-R1 without WLAN...and will connect it, as proposed by you. The ASUS service (at least here in germany) was so much helpless. They told me to check in the internet for a solution. I thought, the company, where I work, is bad in customer service...but we are brilliant compared to ASUS. Thanks again!

Russell
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:2/28/2010 4:51:00 AM # 19
I'm having a problem seeing my shared folders on the mac network as well. Some folders show up while other folders that i've added to my network share don't show up for some reason. Anyone have any idea why some folders show up and some dont?

Pekka
Level :
Posted:3/12/2011 2:26:00 AM # 20
Problems also in here. Can someone help me pecause I can't get connection to my macbook. How to set up this thing????

First  Prev  1 2 3  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.