ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > O!Play HDP-R1  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Play a video through telnet New Topic
sagt3k
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/19/2010 5:52:00 AM # 1
Hi to everybody  
I would have necessity to start video and music through " telnet ".
Does HDP-R1 have programs or commands to manage part of the functionalities through " telnet " ?
Can someone illustrate to me as?

Thanks  
SAGT3K

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
helix
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 44
Posted:1/22/2010 10:48:00 AM # 2
I would love this feature too. I've created a web app for the itouch which shows the movie posters. I'm just waiting on a way to start a movie via telnet so when the poster is tapped, it will start the movie.

sagt3k
Level :
Posted:1/23/2010 7:28:00 AM # 3
Hi helix   
My idea is that to be able to perform by a command "telnet" and to reproduce a video. I would like to realize a digital-signage system or kiosk for the reproduction of the video on-demand through a PC that could drive many HDP-R1.
However I don't know well the applications that turn under HDP-R1. 
Who could help us?

helix
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/23/2010 10:26:00 AM # 4

If enough people ask for this, just maybe asus would add this feature.
I'm also hoping the community at minimodding.com can do something.
I signed up as a vip member on this site just so I can email tech support and ask for it.  It hasnt gone anywhere yet, but you dont know until you try.

sagt3k
Level :
Posted:1/23/2010 4:55:00 PM # 5
Hi helix  

I chew linux and I am a programmer. In these days I have become deeper the functioning of the HDP-R1. In practice a program that turns under HDP-R1 exists an application called DVDplayer. Every time that from remote control it is chosen to make to reproduce a video, linux starts a new process of this program. Thing would serve only me pass a command to this program, for example "DVDplayer -p pathvideo" etc.

Please ASUS, help us !!!

Neliets
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 55
Posted:1/24/2010 1:57:00 AM # 6
The OPlay has a web interface.  point your browser to it's Internet address.   Maybe we could integrate its web server and the dvdplayer functionality.  I'd like to give it a try as well.

sagt3k
Level :
Posted:1/24/2010 3:47:00 AM # 7
Hi Neliets 
Good idea. But to me maids to be able to pilot different HDP-R1s through a software on PC that I am producing. In practice to me it serves to be able to tell an any HDP-R1 to reproduce a video through telnet. In polling the program of the PC goes to verify on the "HDP-R1nn" if the video is ended up making to reproduce another video and so way. In practice a system to manage a multi point digitial-signage  where so many HDP-R1s are connected in HDMI to as many monitors.  
I would like to know as the program that manages the reproductions video on the HDP-R1 works.
Thanks

helix
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/25/2010 4:09:00 AM # 8
Sagt3k:

I did find this.. http://rtd1073.wikidot.com/dvdplayer but I'm not able to get it to work.   The killall does not stop dvdplayer from running.   I also do not see where you can pass the source file to dvdplayer.

sagt3k
Level :
Posted:1/25/2010 6:46:00 AM # 9
Hi helix  

You are a great!!. You have given to me a beautiful right-hand. However I don't think that it's necessary to kill all the processes. Since I have realized that when a video is reproduced, a process is created with DVDplayer, and when it ends this process is closed. I think that all the other trials serve for planning some parameter not to touch. However in these days I will try to understand better as it works. I hope to get some good results.!!!
Thanks

helix
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/26/2010 12:39:00 PM # 10
Sagt3k, If you figure it out, please let me know

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.