ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > UL80VT  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]power4gear hybrid update New Topic
Lee
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/18/2010 12:19:00 AM # 1
how do i update my power4gear from 1.1.24 to 1.1.25?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Brad
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 45
Posted:1/22/2010 10:29:00 AM # 2
I am guessing you are also having problems uninstalling v 1.124 like I did.  I finally got it to uninstall by doing the following:

Open task manager and end the process; batterylife.exe

Open add/remove programs and instead of choosing "uninstall" power4gear, right click (while highlighting power4gear) and choose "change".  You will then get a different prompt giving you a choice to either repair or remove power4gear.  Choose remove at this point.

It finally uninstalled for me when I followed this procedure.  I then rebooted and successfully installed v1.125.

Good luck

Andri
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 324
Posted:1/22/2010 11:18:00 AM # 3
There's a new version of Power4Gear Hybrid available which is V1.1.26. It's not listed under the regular driver/utility download page for the UL80VT though. From the main Asus support download page, you have to choose Notebook, Apps, P4G Hybrid, and the new version is listed there.

Brad
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/28/2010 10:36:00 AM # 4
They now have v1.127 as well in the same location.  However,  I would not recommend using either of these on the UL80vt.  Neither v1.126 or v1.127 archives contain the turbo33 install files that v1.125 contains.  I am guessing that these newer versions would work, but you would probably lose the turbo 33 overclock option.  If anyone has tried these with success, please let us know.

Andri
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/28/2010 2:25:00 PM # 5
I've installed v1.1.26 on my UL80VT with no problems, and Turbo33 support is still there. In fact, it adds a desktop gadget to toggle Turbo33 mode on and off. I imagine v.1.1.27 will still have Turbo33 support and I'm planning on updating soon.

Brad
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/29/2010 12:44:00 PM # 6
Interesting.  I tried 1.127 and although it showed the turbo button it didnt function.  In addition, the processor management and  misc power settings were all blank.  When I tried to set them and save the configuration, it wouldn't remember them.  I also noticed that the process BatteryLife.exe was not running either.  Does 1.126 remember the processor management and misc power settings?  Does BatteryLife.exe run as a process in 1.126?  I dropped back to 1.125 for now.  Thanks

Andri
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/29/2010 8:22:00 PM # 7
I updated to 1.1.27 last night and everything's working just fine on my UL80VT, just as 1.1.26 was working just fine before. Maybe it was a bad uninstall/install process on your notebook? Or a corrupt download?

The major difference I can see in this version is the Turbo33 desktop gadget (actually introduced in 1.1.26) and the ability to enable/disable network device from P4G Hybrid. It's also just a tad bit more responsive than 1.1.25.

Andri
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/31/2010 12:20:00 PM # 8
Well, after further testing, Power4Gear Hybrid v1.1.27 and also v1.1.26 have an annoying bug which resets the GPU setting (discrete or integrated graphics) for all the power modes after a restart or logoff/login to whatever the setting was before the restart/logoff. It just won't remember the GPU settings that I've set in the Advanced settings page. After reverting back to v1.1.25, everything is working as it should. So, stick with v1.1.25 since it's the best for the UL80VT. Maybe that's why v1.1.26 and v1.1.27 are not listed under the UL80VT download page.

Brad
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/1/2010 9:59:00 AM # 9
I ran into some of the same problems.  Better stick to 1.125 for now.

Brad
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/2/2010 1:09:00 AM # 10
Now I am running into other problems.  Currently using v1.125.  When I change modes within power4gear hybrid my system won't automatically change the graphics driver from the Nvidia one to Intel (or visa-versa) anymore.  If I try to change the driver manually (clicking on the taskbar icon and choosing to change the power mode/graphics driver there), I am then prompted that I must end the windows process ACEngSvr.exe.  Once I do that, the video driver changes.  I initially suspected a faulty install of power4gear hybrid, but have since un and re-installed with the same issue.  I also tried to roll back to the originally installed version of power4gear (1.124) but now get the same results.
Seems that this process ACEngSvr.exe doesnt want to "release" automatically when changing modes for some reason.  Any ideas for a fix out there?

Edit:
I have now determined the problem.  I recently installed Splendid v1.02.0028 on my machine.  Although Splendid seemed to work properly (the fn+c key even worked), Splendid invokes the process ACEngSvr.exe when it is installed.  This process will not currently "release" when Power 4 Gear Hybrid switches modes which keeps it from functioning properly unless you go to task manager and end the process ACEngSvr.exe manually.  Apparently, the most recent version of Power 4 Gear Hybrid  v1.125 is not compatible at this point in time.  I suppose that if you dont mind ending the ACEngSvr.exe process manually every time you change Power 4 Gear Hybrid modes you can have them both installed.  Maybe someday, Asus will release a version of Splendid that is compatible with Power 4 Gear Hybrid on the UL80vt.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.