Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]webcam image upside down New Topic
eva
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/16/2010 6:41:00 PM # 1
Hi,

My lifeframe webcam image is upside down. When I bought the notebook it was ok, and I never opened lifeframe until this morning, and I discovered that the image is upside down. Is there a setting to flip the image over ?

I went thru the various forum both online & on this asus website, but I am not sure what to do coz some forums talk about downloading a driver upgrade.

I am not sure if my webcam model is AF or MF model.

Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

regards,
Eva

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Keller
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/18/2010 12:02:00 PM # 2
Hi, I was just about to post the exact same issue. I've looked at all of the options associated with the webcam, but cannot find the solution. Any help is also appreciated.

Keller
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/18/2010 12:29:00 PM # 3
Hi, I found these instructions in a previous post: Hope this can help: Refer to the following ASUS website for the way to find the PID code of the web camera of your notebook computer: http://support.asus.com/faq/faq.aspx?no=02B6B989-4468-5237-CB04-BCF5B9FE9714&SLanguage=en-us Then, download and install the corresponding driver. http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=Camera It solved the problem. Thanks for the individual who figured this out. I do appreciate it.

Warnock
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:2/24/2010 3:31:00 AM # 4
Keller- I did exactly as you said, but my success is not similar.  Your tip on how to find the right driver definitely helped though because now I know for my Asus G50-VT its a Chicony driver.  However, I uninstalled the driver beforehand, directed it to this new driver, installed successfully, but I still get an upside down picture in Skype.... this is really frustrating.  Asus tech, if you are reading this, please release a tool that gives you one simple option, the ability to rotate or flip the webcam image.  Trying to fiddle with drivers over again is not really a solution, so if you read this, please offer an "on the fly" solution.  Thanks.

A computer nerd with a bias towards Asus products. But computers isn't everything to me.
Burrell
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/25/2010 11:18:00 AM # 5
I have had this same from with my G50-Vt(Best Buy) model since I recently installed Windows 7 as of January 2010.  I have done everything listed on these forums from reformatting to reinstalling the drivers with the correct p_ID code.  This problem basically makes Skype unusable.

ASUS needs to give us an official fix, that is the only thing that with fix this.

Thanks,
Eric Burrell

Sim
Level :
Posted:2/25/2010 8:19:00 PM # 6
I have the same problem. Except when using msn messenger the camera works fine but when I tried using Chat Roulette the camera is shown upside down.

Don't know how to fix it :S

help pleasseeee!

Markyajv
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/8/2010 10:00:00 PM # 7
Same problem here. Just did A fresh install of Win 7 ultimate, everything works well except my webcam video is now rotated by 180 degrees. I uninstalled it and reinstalled using ASUS drivers from the site but to no avail. When I skype, Youcam, Messenger I am upside down. I cannot figure out how to rotate it unless I stand on my head. Device manager says 2.0.1.3M UVC webcam. There has to be a fix to this??? ASUS Where are you???

LINDA
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/13/2010 3:30:00 PM # 8
Has there been a solution to the upside down image?  I have the very same problem.

LINDA
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/13/2010 3:30:00 PM # 9
Has there been a solution to the upside down image?  I have the very same problem.

Burrell
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/17/2010 4:56:00 AM # 10
I'm still waiting for a fix, and I don't think ASUS really cares.... good thing I don't need skype.... LOL what a joke!

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.