VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 34
Posted:3/1/2010 10:00:00 PM # 31

Quote:
Author: ASUS_CS Posted: 3/1/2010 9:09:00 PM

Quote:
Author: Niff Posted: 2/21/2010 5:33:00 AM

I still own my oplay, so i'll have to wait and hope for better firmware as everyone else here ;)
  Hi 
  Our internal trying again replicated out this problem, but no happen .Could you please help me test ? if you don't connected to any device (example, network line, external hard disk....) are also occur ?
Thank you very much we will be fixed as soon as this problem.

Hi!,

in my case, occurs everytime, even when I turn to default settings (no network line, no external devices, connected via HDMI, or component).

The only time that the oplay turns on, is inmediately after turn off. One or two minutes after tunrs off, the device don't want turn on anymore until it's power cycled.

We hope this fix for this great Asus device.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
ASUS_CS
Level :
Tech Points : 320
Posted:3/1/2010 9:09:00 PM # 32

Quote:
Author: Niff Posted: 2/21/2010 5:33:00 AM

I still own my oplay, so i'll have to wait and hope for better firmware as everyone else here ;)
  Hi 
  Our internal trying again replicated out this problem, but no happen .Could you please help me test ? if you don't connected to any device (example, network line, external hard disk....) are also occur ?
Thank you very much we will be fixed as soon as this problem.

RoadRebel
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:3/3/2010 10:09:00 AM # 33

I have a network and external usb drive connected.
 If I enable powersaving feature in setup and allow it to shut the unit down it crashes and needs a power cycle to restart it, a red LED is also on the front of the box when this occurs. If I disable this feature I can turn it of or let screen saver kick in and it works fine.

magura
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 34
Posted:3/8/2010 6:38:00 AM # 34
I don't know if this can help, but when I press "stop" key and later "play" key from the home screen, i get this information:

SystemRev: 01.09P-Feb 11 2010.
Kernel revision: #282874
Bootup: 18
Bootcode: 0000.0202.0018

Audio: 283468
Video: 295881
RootApp: 0
rootfs: 280213
Region Code: 0
HW:HDP-R3

... and more info about audio decoder capability.

Maybe this helps for developpers?¿

Hiss
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/8/2010 10:18:00 PM # 35
I have been experiencing this same issue. I thought by upgrading the firmware to 1.21p would have helped, but it didn't. I have disabled the screen saver and disabled the power save options, but the problem still is there. Like another post states, it only seems to happen if you let the O!Play sit for longer then a minute or two without re-powering, otherwise the power needs to be cylced in order to get it to a usable state again. I'm hoping this get's resolved, because that is currently my only complaint with this device.

Adams
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 210
Posted:3/11/2010 2:24:00 AM # 36

Quote:
Author: Hiss Posted: 3/8/2010 10:18:00 PM

I have been experiencing this same issue. I thought by upgrading the firmware to 1.21p would have helped, but it didn't. I have disabled the screen saver and disabled the power save options, but the problem still is there. Like another post states, it only seems to happen if you let the O!Play sit for longer then a minute or two without re-powering, otherwise the power needs to be cylced in order to get it to a usable state again. I'm hoping this get's resolved, because that is currently my only complaint with this device.

Is the firmware 1.21 for the air or another box ?

Penny
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 238
Posted:3/11/2010 11:12:00 AM # 37
Dear customers:

If you guys have the problems that cant turn on O!Play.
Please go to local Asus consumer station.
They will help you to solve these promblems.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks very much!

Niff
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/16/2010 4:46:00 AM # 38
Curiously, since i've turned off wlan the problem seems to be gone ^^

Asus Product Support North America
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/17/2010 3:28:00 AM # 39
Hi All,

We are attempting to replicate the issue in our labs. We would like feedback from our North American customers who are experiencing this issue to email our representative at aps_support@asus.com and provide their current Serial number, Firmware and current contact information.

Best Regards,
Asus Product Support

paupau
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:4/21/2010 7:35:00 AM # 40
If I leave my system on all time, will this reduce the life of the system?

I would also be interest to see people who DOES NOT have this problem posting their configuration (wifi/LAN, Firmware version, what's attached).  Maybe we can benefit from it, until ASUS fixes the problem.

This is a great system with many neat features.  Just find it hard to believe that a low tech components (remote control) of this high tech device is causing me to thinking about returning it.

First  Prev  1 2 3 4 5  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.