ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > K61IC  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Feedback and Suggestion]ELAN Touchpad Problem New Topic
Raub
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/27/2009 7:23:00 AM # 1
The ELAN touchpad is too sensitive. It constantly is highlighting when I move across a page and many times clicks on links without warrant. No help at their web site and haven't seen any information offered at ASUS. I have checked to make sure the driver is at the latest release, uninstalled the touchpad and reinstalled. No change. Any fix?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Seamer
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/30/2009 4:43:00 AM # 2
same problem here...was going to see if i could switch for another but seems others are having same problem.....

Raub
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/5/2010 9:34:00 AM # 3

Quote:
Author: Seamer Posted: 12/30/2009 4:43:00 AM

same problem here...was going to see if i could switch for another but seems others are having same problem.....

I sent in a tech support last monday, supposed to respond within 48 hrs. I got nothing. Contacted online help, and was told to update driver and adjust touch pad, which (dah) were the first things I had tried. Then they tell me to learn how to use the pad or go with a USB mouse. Nice tech support! Why did they put a touch pad on the thing if they don't want you to use it? They need to upgrade the software so we have better control over the sensitivity. Had a Dell before this one and they had great software for controlling the touch pad.

Bill
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/12/2010 5:36:00 PM # 4
I had the same problem.  I couldn't move accross a page without it selecting a link. There seems to be no control over sensitivity.  I just turned off tapping in the Control Panel.  Fortunately, this does not turn off two-finger scrolling.

Nick Furia
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/19/2010 4:31:00 AM # 5
Same problem here. When I bought it I returned it back to the store and got another one. The same problem in this one so it looks like a design problem more than a defective unit. I talked to the tech support and told me to update the drivers. That didn't solve the problem. Then they told me to got in touch with my local tech support to get it repaired...

sev
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/6/2010 8:04:00 PM # 6
Elan touchpad surface too sensitive on UL80/50 Models, highlights and leftclicks while typing :

NOTE: yesterday the guy from tech support France told me to go to the store and exchange the laptop, though it seems clear the problem is on the series and not an isolated item.
Basically,  they have to get a minimum number of cases to start really care for the pb. Or when aftersale cost will rise above a certain extent because too many machines were returned / exchanged, then it becomes a priority to solve, otherwise not. So guess what to do.

TECH NOTE : for the palm sensitivity they probably use an algorithm for avoiding unwanted palm action (if the contact surface is bigger than .. cm², ignore the click) so why can't they use the same control to adjust the sensitivity: if the contact surface is less than .. mm² (and contact time less than ...msec), than ignore the tapping/surface click????????????

Raub
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/12/2010 11:40:00 AM # 7
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has this problem. Had this unit 2 months now and still aggravated by the touch pad. Seems like Asus could create a patch to resolve the problem.

Anderson
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/12/2010 12:38:00 PM # 8
I just received a UL80AG today that I ordered as a gift for my daughter.  I opened it up to set it up for her and quickly discovered I could not steer it as the touchpad is hopeless.  I have been though all the adjustments in settings and verified it has the lasted driver.  After reviewing all the problems with this touchpad, I am most disappointed.  If the engineers had not outsmarted themselves with this Elan touchpad I would absolutely love this machine.  However, as it is, I will return it tomorrow and probably buy a dell as mine has been bullet proof and I have excellent control with the touchpad.  ASUS, you built a great machine and put in the steering system from a bumper car.  What a waste! 

Don't be Toyota, pull this thing from the market until you fix it.  Advise, use a conventional mouse pad.

Walford
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/13/2010 2:18:00 PM # 9
Im glad I am not the only one having this problem!  It is very annoying!  I am past my 2 week trial period so am stuck with this laptop.  What can we do to make ASUS pay attention and fix this?

Anderson
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/15/2010 1:11:00 AM # 10
They don't care!

1 2 3  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.