ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1201N  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Others]Hotkey Utility New Topic
Lau
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/16/2009 4:33:00 AM # 1
I recently got my 1201N at a computer show in Taipei and really loving it!

Of course one of the first things I did was to clear off the hard drive, repartition to just how I like it and reinstall Win7 clean with freshly downloaded drivers and utilities from the website.

It all works fine except for the keyboard hotkeys. The pre-installed Win7 had a utility that would allow you to switch on/off the wireless/bluetooth settings via Fn+F2 as well as showing you volume, brightness and power levels when ever any of them were changed.

However on re-install I can't seem to find the utility that does this again.
I've tried all the ones listed on the 1201n driver page but none of them seem to be the relevant one.

Can anyone tell me if I'm missing a setting somewhere?
Thanks,

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Lau
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/17/2009 4:22:00 AM # 2
Thought I'd update my own thread in case anyone else was looking for the same thing.

It's not on the 1201N driver download page - but turns out that if you look in the Asus ftp at:

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/EeePC/Utility/

The download is called Hotkey Service and its the thing that does exactly what I'm looking for.

ineedhelp
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/11/2010 2:01:00 AM # 3
Hey Lau, I did a fresh install of Home Premium like you did; I also installed from the FTP site the 'hotkey service' but when I boot it still says I'm missing the touchpad drivers

what gives? what do you think?

UPDATE: goto

http://docs.google.com/view?id=ddvxvv7p_65dt7t3fkm

instructions for latest synaptic drivers + hotkey drivers that don't error on fresh (re)boot.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.