Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > G51VX  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Clean install help. New Topic
Sargent
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:11/25/2009 2:51:00 PM # 1
I received my G51Vx-X3A in the mail today. It came with extra crap as always, I went straight to using the "Win7" disk to reformat and use a single partition. Eventually it asked for the driver disk which I put in. It eventually finished installing, and it turned out that it reinstalled all the software again too.

I Googled around and the only post I could find for a clean Win7 install is to press the power button when it asks for the driver disk, reboot and manually install the drivers after. Is this the only way? It seems like that method could be prone to problems too. /shrug

Anyways, any help on a fresh Win7 install would be appreciated.

PS - Almost forgot, after I do get a fresh install. Should it run fine with just the drivers installed, or is any of the "recommended software" actually recommended?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
iceduck
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:11/27/2009 12:20:00 PM # 2
You just have to install the drivers given with the laptop. Run the autorun.exe with Compatibility mode if you encounter "bad os" problems. I suggest you to do a RAID-0 (Activate in the BIOS (F2) and (Ctrl+E at boot) ) if you have the dual hdd version of the G51Vx . After making a RAID-0 , create 2 partitions (one small about 80gb and another, bigger, for long term storage). Install windows 7 x64 on the small partition, run the cd drivers, download your latest NVIDIA drivers, Realtek Audio HD Drivers (for the audio), install avast, Firefox, Spybot Seek & Destroy, Winamp, WinRAR and Media Player Classic. Install latest Windows Updates, daemon tools. And here you are, you've a clean install fully available and ready to play.

Al
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:1/19/2010 10:24:00 PM # 3
I bought mine with Vista installed and did the clean install once i got the win7 upgrade disk. When installing the driver disk i had the option of un-checking ALL and just selecting the drivers and not the utilities / extras.....

Davo
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:1/19/2010 11:32:00 PM # 4
Today I did a clean install of Windows 7 on my X85SE laptop, although at boot is still asks me to select either Vista or Windows 7...

Anyway, the best way to avoid ASUS bloatware is to go to the download section and download the select drivers YOU want/need. That way you get the latest, most up to date drivers. It's worked fine so far, except for the AUDIO. Without driver, sounds fine, but no microphone. With driver, sounds terrible (noisy, scratchy at high frequency) but the microphone works... go figure lol.

Lilu Dallas Multipass
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.