ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5KC  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Feedback and Suggestion]P5KC not ready for Windows 7 New Topic
Brugal
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:11/23/2009 1:07:00 AM # 1
Hello, any comments on why the P5KC isn't ready for windows 7, like others P5K series MB, would it be in the near future?

Thanks

GB

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18340
Posted:11/23/2009 2:32:00 AM # 2
Hi B..

Have you had a problem installing Windows 7 or are you in the process of making a decision as to whether to attempt it.  If the latter, then before you purchase the operating system, run this application on your P5KC system to see what, if any, problems you might have...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b544e90-7659-4bd9-9e51-2497c146af15&displayLang=en

Many many Asus mainboards are past end of life... and Asus may either not be able to get Win7 support for certain embedded devices on the board or may have made a decision not to purchase the licence for driver support.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
tcsenter
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 260
Posted:11/23/2009 6:47:00 AM # 3
P5KC supports Windows 7, of course.  Update to the latest BIOS if you don't already have it.  Everything else can be downloaded from the chip manufacturers:

Intel Chipset INF Installer

JMicron JMB36x Driver

Intel Matrix Storage Drivers (for AHCI or RAID)

Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers

Attansic (Atheros) L1 Gigabit LAN

max[it]out
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 69
Posted:11/24/2009 12:21:00 PM # 4
I just Installed W7 64bit without any problems 4 days ago detected all the Drivers the auto updates did a great job in finding the drivers after the second reboot of installing the updates.

added Dreamscene too :)

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2/Intel 920/Corsair H70 Cooler/Corsair Vengeance 24GB 6X4GB DDR3-1600 (1.5v)/XFX ATi Radeon HD5870 1g/ LG 24" Flatron W2442PA /Sandisk SDD 256gig (OS)Windows 8 pro/ 4x WD Green 1tb/LG Bluray-DVDRW/Corsair Silent Pro 1000w / CoolerMaster 692 Advance ASUS P6T/ Intel i7 950/ Corsair H70 Cooler/ G-Skill F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 6Gigs/ ASUS Ati Radeon HD5770 1gig DDR5//IBM SDD 160gig (OS)/ Seagate 4x 1Tb (in Thermaltake HOT Swap Tray)/ LG Bluray-DVDRW/ OCZ EliteXstream 1000w/ Windows 7 64bit Ultimate LG Bluray-DVDRW ASUS !OPlay R1 P 1.40N P5LD2 Deluxe:Intel 940D 3.2ghz/Kingston Value 4gigs/ASUS Ati EAHD3870 (tested X-fire and works)/Windows 7 Ulti 64bit / Thermaltake 700w (still Adding to my Systems)
Dionyss
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/7/2010 7:21:00 PM # 5
Hi,

i have P5KC motherboard with Q8200 Intel processor which have virtualization technology. Does my PC BIOS support hardware virtualization, and how is it turned on? I have installed Windows 7 ultimate (32 bit) and i can't use Virtual PC because the tool message me that this computer does not support hardware assisted virtualization technology.

I have latest BIOS version (1203) but i can't find the option to enable virtualization support from BIOS setup.

Could you help me?

gh
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:4/1/2010 2:08:00 AM # 6
hi,

I would like to find the ATK drivers for Windows 7.

Where can I find them?

thank you.

Bong
Level :
Tech Points : 5065
Posted:4/1/2010 3:38:00 AM # 7

you can use your Win 7 optional update
or download it here

Version 1043.4.0.0

Description ACPI driver for ATK 0110 virtual device for Windows XP(32bit and 64bit)/VISTA(32bit & 64bit)
File Size 705.46 (KBytes) 2007/05/30 update
Download from Global (DLM) Global China

Z77 3770K Kingston HyperX 1600 @ 7-7-7-20 ATI HD 7870
gh
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:4/1/2010 5:40:00 AM # 8
I had already seen, but it was for Vista.
You mean the ATK drivers for Vista work for 7?

Bong
Level :
Tech Points : 5065
Posted:4/1/2010 5:50:00 AM # 9
check your Win 7 UPDATES and OPTIONAL UPDATES you will see ATK update there

Z77 3770K Kingston HyperX 1600 @ 7-7-7-20 ATI HD 7870
kichy
Level :
Posted:7/20/2010 3:52:00 AM # 10
I am also experiencing serious problems installing Windows 7 64x on my P5KC 64x machine.  Here is a rundown of the relevant specs:

P5KC with Intel P35 chipset
Intel Core 2 Quad 64x 2.6Ghz
Radeon ATI AMD 2600XT HD 512MB video card
2GB Corsair DDR2 RAM
500W PSU

The machine can install every other OS including Linux, Vista, XP using default, out-of-the box drivers.

However, upon attempting to install Windows 7, after the initial copying and extracting of files, during the final setup configuration (immediately following the first reboot of the installation process) and immediately following the attempt to load and use whatever display drivers setup had chosen (right after the screen flickers and adjusts to new drivers), the error message:  "Windows 7 could not be correctly configured to run on the current hardware" is displayed following by a reboot. 

Things I have tried:
1.  Ran the Windows7UpgradeAdvisorSetup.exe on an install of XP 32 bit.  Without the proper ACPI/ATK drivers installed, it claimed my Graphics card was incompatible.  After downloading and installing updated chipset, ATK and graphics drivers (all for XP 32), re-running the Advisor claimed that all my hardware was compatible.  Based on this, I must assume that the proper combination of ATK/display drivers is what is causing my issues.
2.  Downloaded all relevant drivers from the ASUS support site (http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us   and enter Motherboard->Socket775->P5KC for product ) including:
      - chipset drivers
      - ATK drivers (Win7 64 version found in Utilites section rather than Vista 64x ATK)
      - raid and LAN drivers (although these are no problem). 
3.  Downloaded and updated to the most recent BIOS.  Downloaded the one found in the Vista 64 since there was no Windows 7 section.
4.  Downloaded most recent version of the AMD Win7 drivers for the Radeon card.
5.  Added all the mentioned drivers to the Win7 installation image using vLite.  This should give Win 7 install access to all the drivers necessary (at least according to Win7UpdateAdvisor) for correct operation)

Why I am sceptical that the P5KC is a Windows 7 ready board:
1.  I've tried everything in my power to get it to work.  (see above)
2.  On the ASUS support site (http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us) the list of Windows 7 compliant MB's (select Motherboard from the Windows®7 supported product models widget on the left) does not include the P5KC under the Socket775 section.
3.  When attempting to download drivers for the P5KC, there is no Windows 7 section to choose from.  The only driver specifically mentioning Windows 7 is the ATK driver found in the Utilities section, apart from the other ATK driver found within the actual ATK section)

Please if anyone has any insight or advise, I'm at the end of my rope here and would like to avoid buying a new MB at all costs.

DK

1 2 3  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.