ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > X50RL  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Windows 7 Drivers New Topic
asa1
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:11/2/2009 6:59:00 PM # 1
I have a X50RL notebook and i want to upgrade my operation system from windows vista to windows 7 but i don't find the appropriate drivers for the new system..
there are only for XP and Vista.
please help me to find appropriate drivers for my notebook with windows 7 specially Display and sound drivers.
I am waiting for response
with my best regards

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Willy
Level :
Tech Points : 3969
Posted:11/2/2009 7:32:00 PM # 2

Have done a successful clean installation of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my ASUS notebook computer.  It works perfectly.

Windows 7 contains the necessary drivers in itself.  You don’t need to install the drivers.  When the installation of Windows 7 is completed, use Windows Update to get the latest drivers.

Also, install the following Windows 7 drivers and utilities.  Everything will work properly.

ATK0100 ACPI Driver

ATK_MEDIA Utility

ATK_Hotkey Utility

ASUS ATKOSD2 Utility

ATK Generic Function Utility

ASUS Wireless Switch (Wireless Console3) Utility

Life Frame Utility

Power4 Gear Hybrid Utility

ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology

Keyboard Device Filter Utility

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=K50IN

Good luck!!

asa1
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:11/12/2009 8:39:00 AM # 3
Thanks for your response
but i would like to inform you that my Notebook model is X50RL and it works with Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit not 64-bit.
also the link you gave me was for
K50IN not x50rl.
the problem here is there is no drivers for W7 for this model x50rl
regards

Willy
Level :
Tech Points : 3969
Posted:11/12/2009 11:05:00 AM # 4

Although the drivers and utilities listed in my post of 11/2/2009 are for K50IN, they are also compatible with your X50RL.

Just go ahead and install them, and you will feel surprised that they work so well.

Cheers!!

Rodrigues
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/5/2010 4:25:00 AM # 5
Hi all!

I've got a problem with my notebook so I thought I could get good help here at Asus forum.

So, I have an Asus X50RL notebook which came with Windows Vista installed. A few days ago I've decided to move into Win 7.
Everything seems to be working pretty good except for the graphic card (ATI X1100) that crashes the system from time to time (BSOD).
I first started with Windows Update's drivers (v8.56.something_else), then I've downgraded to v8.4 provided on Asus webpage (only after deleting v8.56 carefully and with Driver Sweeper) but specified for Vista, not for 7, although they installed ok. Still getting BSO.
After digging a bit through the Internet I saw people mentioning they've managed to install ATI Catalyst 10.2 Legacy with the help of a program called Mobility Modder, which I did also do but again, with no joy.
Windows always reports that these BSODs are connected with the file "atikmdag.sys". Some say it's somehow related to Catalyst Control Centre but I don't even have it installed.
Made a separate Vista installation and it's all ok, and I can say it with any doubt because by doing Windows' System Classification test it would always BSOD under Windows 7. Under Vista no problem at all.

Do someone know anything that could help me? I can provide .dmp files of the crashes.

Many thanks in advance!

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.