ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Multimedia > O!Play HDP-R1  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Sharing]Auto mount a share at boot time New Topic
jba
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 38
Posted:10/26/2010 2:32:00 PM # 71
Remote-standby is not 'halt'. Thats clear. In all my test I used 'reboot' from a telnet session (I suppose, Reen did the same).

Definitively rcS is executed on reboot while some commands (such as mkdir and mount or starting moServices) are not (At least on my o!play air using the new firmware 1.21P).

jba

Quote:
Author: evoisard Posted: 10/26/2010 1:20:00 AM

Apparently, rcS is only executed after issuing a 'reboot' from the command line or on full power-cycles, that is, when you remove the power cable... Simply putting it in standby with the remote is not enough. I never realized this...

My rcS commands are only executed on full reboot of the device. That's why I believed my mountpoint was persistent and why trying to mount my share by hand solved my problem when it failed some time ago. But well, when the device is in standby, Linux is still running...

On reboots, sleep, echo and so on are properly executed too, I've checked.

Reen, you sure the echo which you logged aren't some remains of older tests involving true reboots? I've been fooled by such things...

Eric

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Shaft
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:10/29/2010 5:04:00 AM # 72
Hi there,

as JBA expected, I always used "reboot" from the telnet session to restart the device. Maybe I was wrong with the mkdir command and the directory was an old one form the time I had FW 1.18. I can check that.

But still I have no clue why mkdir etc. are not executed.

Kind regards,

René

jba
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/29/2010 5:30:00 PM # 73

Quote:
Author: Shaft Posted: 10/29/2010 5:04:00 AM

Hi there,

as JBA expected, I always used "reboot" from the telnet session to restart the device. Maybe I was wrong with the mkdir command and the directory was an old one form the time I had FW 1.18. I can check that.

But still I have no clue why mkdir etc. are not executed.

Kind regards,

René

Here is the explanation:  moservices

However, if I understand it right, the solution is only for moServices, not for our problem (placing commands in rcS). However, as moServices provides a simple way to define nfs-mounts, its an even better solution to the nfs-problem.

jba

Shaft
Level :
Posted:11/1/2010 5:43:00 AM # 74
Hi jba,

moservices definitely looks promising. Do you know if moservices is compatible with O! Play Air FW 1.21P? I could not find information on their site if it just runs on all devices like the O! Play or if a certain firmware is required.

Kind regards,

René

jba
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/2/2010 4:24:00 AM # 75

Quote:
Author: Shaft Posted: 11/1/2010 5:43:00 AM

Hi jba,

moservices definitely looks promising. Do you know if moservices is compatible with O! Play Air FW 1.21P? I could not find information on their site if it just runs on all devices like the O! Play or if a certain firmware is required.

Kind regards,

René

works fine with o!play air 1.21P, but you have to install the patch (see the link in my previous post).

jba

john3voltas
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:11/2/2010 3:51:00 PM # 76
Greetings.
I want my HDP-R1 to access a Linux NFS share.
I am new to Linux (3-4 months) and I wonder if someone is willing to help me with baby steps to set this up.
My movies, music and photos are all stored on my laptop which is running Fedora 13 x64.
I've set up Fedora to export all my favorites folder and added a new user called 'oplay'.
My /etc/exports looks like this:
/media/system/nntp/complete      192.168.1.0/24(ro,sync,no_root_squash)
/media/system/nntp/complete     172.22.20.0/24(ro,sync,no_root_squash)
/media/system/nntp/complete     172.22.30.0/24(ro,sync,no_root_squash)

Then I 'chown -hR oplay /media/system/complete' so that user oplay has permission over my favorites files and folders.
Now I (think) just need to know what I need to do to mount those favs files and folders over at my HDP-R1.
Shall I create a new user called oplay on the HDP-R1 side?
If so, does it need to have the same passwd that the oplay user has on my laptop?
What about the mount command?
Hope someone will be willing to give me a hand.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Shaft
Level :
Posted:11/4/2010 6:12:00 AM # 77
Hi jba,

I'll try that, too. Maybe on the weekend. Thanks for testing this in advance.

René

Shaft
Level :
Posted:11/4/2010 6:19:00 AM # 78

Quote:
Author: john3voltas Posted: 11/2/2010 3:51:00 PM

Shall I create a new user called oplay on the HDP-R1 side?
If so, does it need to have the same passwd that the oplay user has on my laptop?
What about the mount command?
Hope someone will be willing to give me a hand.

Hi,

you don't need a special user on the O!Play. Just create a new directory and mount with nfs. Search the previous posts for instructions about how to edit the file /usr/local/etc/rcS.

Mounting should work like this:
mkdir -p /tmp/ramfs/volumes/DVD
mount -t nfs -o intr,nfsvers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,hard,tcp,nolock <IP of your Server>:/media/system/complete /tmp/ramfs/volumes/DVD/

Good luck

René

sf1
Level :
Posted:11/8/2010 5:20:00 AM # 79
Thank you so much guys, I read through most of the posts here and was able to see the shortcut folder now from My Storage Device. Consider I never use VI editor before,
this is quite an accomplishment for me.

One problem I have is,
eventhough I now see the folder there, the Chinese unicode character folders inside are all displayed as ???????,
these folders all displayed fine if I access them from the long way "My Shortcuts"
Any solution?

sf1
Level :
Posted:11/14/2010 9:01:00 AM # 80
still same problem
Quote:
Author: sf1 Posted: 11/8/2010 5:20:00 AM

One problem I have is,
eventhough I now see the folder there, the Chinese unicode character folders inside are all displayed as ???????,
these folders all displayed fine if I access them from the long way "My Shortcuts"
Any solution?

First  Prev  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.