Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1005HAB  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]The Recovery Partition New Topic
Dark
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:10/27/2009 8:53:00 AM # 1
I am assuming this laptop has a hidden partition. I need to access that partition to redo this computer. What are the steps if I wanted to completely restore windows xp back to the day this computer was bought. Is there a key I hold down while computer is booting like Dells have. The reason I need to do this is this computer is loaded with trojans and viruses and I just want to back new again. I only got the DVD that came with the laptop but no cd/dvd/ rom to read it. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. Tom

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Shutendouji
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:10/27/2009 11:18:00 AM # 2
Restart F9

I found it while having to reinstall mine and was going to set up the disk and was going to F2 and saw the note to use F9.

It will rad at the bottom of the screen that it will go into recovery mode then have the windows XP with the black background.

Good luck man!

moopenguin32
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:11/2/2009 11:46:00 PM # 3
If for some reason the recovery partition is not available, but you have a spare PC and a couple of flash drives, you can use the information in the following link:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20091019013723218&board_id=20&model=Eee+PC+1005HA&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

"Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday." - Dale Carnegie
Grim
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:11/9/2009 12:38:00 PM # 4
pressing f9 while booting should do it. i have done it a few times before but now it will not work and don't have a cd rom or extra computer. anybody have any ideas?

Hines
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:11/26/2009 8:36:00 PM # 5
Hey guys the way that i got it to work for me is first disable the boot booster in your bios. hit f2 when starting you computer then find the option for enable/disable. after that save settings and exit the bios when your computer goes into the first screen then hit f9 and the restore portion is accessable.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.