Forum  
  Topic : [Feedback and Suggestion]ASUS F5 series - Windows 7 drivers New Topic
dmdimoff
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:10/18/2009 9:51:00 PM # 1
Hello.
I checked the drivers for my laptop but nothing for Windows 7?
It's coming up in.. 4 days. Anybody knows something?

Thanks.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Willy
Level :
Tech Points : 3969
Posted:10/19/2009 11:58:00 AM # 2

Have done a successful clean installation of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my ASUS notebook computer.  It works perfectly.

Windows 7 contains the necessary drivers in itself.  You don’t need to install the drivers.  After the installation is completed, go to Windows Update to get the latest drivers.

As for the Windows 7 Utilities, such as the ATK_Hotkey, Splendid, Power 4 Gear and so on…, you can download them from the following support site.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=U80V

Everything works properly.  There is no problem at all.  I think that you can also install Windows 7 on your F5VL notebook computer successfully.

Enjoy!!

dmdimoff
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/26/2009 2:37:00 AM # 3
Hi Willy.
Yes, installation was successful. I got ATI x2300 driver from Windows Update but the avarage games that was smoothy running before now they are not.
I downloaded drivers from ATI site and modded them with Mobility Modder but didn't work for me.
Well... I only can hope ASUS will release new drivers.... erm... support :)

P.S. Btw It's not RAM problem because a friend of me installed Windows 7 on computer with 1GB and it's smootly. I have 2GB and its like I run it on some ultra high graphic quality.

Thank you for help:)

Willy
Level :
Tech Points : 3969
Posted:10/26/2009 2:23:00 PM # 4

Try the ATI Graphics driver for Win7 from the following support site.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=VGA

Good luck!!

dmdimoff
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/26/2009 8:28:00 PM # 5
Thanks.
I did and nothing. Before and after to try install the latest ATI VGA  drivers the version in the Device Manager always showed 8.561.0.0 and the latest haveto be 8.633. I think it doesnt install nothing at all because I even dont get the Catalyst Manager. Also I tried set a manual directory to update drivers but it says theys they are up-to-date.
And also my microphone doesnt work with the audio drivers from Windows Update, so i download and from ASUS site too but with them i have some annoying noise while I play something. O.o

Mrty
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/11/2010 6:00:00 PM # 6
@Willy, I have a problem with the soudcard; sound is 'cracking' I have tried installing new Realtek drives, however that doesn't work, the original Win7 drivers are better. I have installed a 32-bit version. Before I change to 64-bit, I want to make sure this works properly. PS you didn't make any hardware changes to your laptop (eg as cpu upgrade?)

sarobee
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/18/2010 4:21:00 AM # 7
Yes I have the same problem. I downloaded from Realtek and the Asus downloading page several drivers and tried it, but with these the sound is distortioned. With the originally Win7 driver only cracked the sound if the mouse or the cpu is working. When I do nothing the sound is ok.

Bart
Level :
Posted:12/1/2012 8:03:00 AM # 8
For those who are still fighting with audio cracks on ASUS F5VL in Win7 (32b) I have to say it can be SOLVED. The way of using updated official Realtek driver does not make situation better. The actual piece of integrated sound card is Realtek ALC660 High Definition (HD) Audio Codec - HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0660&SUBSYS_10430000 The key is to use old official Vista audio drivers directly from ASUS, extract them and change compatibility of setup.exe to "Vista", then when run setup as admin and installation of the drivers will be succesfull. Then, sound is brilliant as it used to be in Vista even for highest quality setting. Absolutely no more cracks in audio!!!

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.