ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1000H/XP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Others]Windows 7 drivers for 1000H? New Topic
Grumbe Grapes
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:10/17/2009 8:03:00 AM # 1
Ok, so installed Windows 7, and so far it's been very nice. However, after I installed the ACPI drivers, I started getting dialog boxes on startup telling me I'm missing audio and VGA drivers. Also, the volume function keys bring up the little slider bar on the screen, but they don't actually change the volume. Anyone know how to fix these things? Finally, does anyone else heard from ASUS about when they will be releasing an official set of drivers? I called them and they said they will release them when Windows 7 goes fully public, although I'll believe it when I see it.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Pete
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 40
Posted:10/17/2009 8:43:00 PM # 2
You need to install the ACPI drivers. I think the XP ones work OK.

Also, you can get latest VGA drivers from the Intel site. Although Windows Update will get an older version which work fine.

As for audio, Win 7 worked fine for me without them, but you can get these from www.Realtek.com.tw

DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:10/17/2009 9:39:00 PM # 3

Keep in mind that the majority of Vista drivers will also work with Win 7.  Other than removing some of the irritating features of Vista and making a better looking GUI.... they are basically the same.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Travis
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:10/24/2009 8:46:00 AM # 4
Where on the Asus support page are these drivers and utilities located?

Hoju
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/27/2009 10:22:00 PM # 5

Quote:
Author: Travis Posted: 10/24/2009 8:46:00 AM

Where on the Asus support page are these drivers and utilities located?

I've been playing around with Windows 7 on my netbook for close to a week now, using trial and error with drivers and applications. It picked up most of the onboard devices and installed the built-in drivers (except for ACPI), but I went ahead and replaced them with the newer releases. As always ymmv, but I hope this is of some use...

It's not linked directly under the 1000H/XP, but I've used the driver @

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/EeePC/Driver/ACPI-V6_1_1_1027.zip

After installation it will come up saying that it cannot find asusacpi.sys. I had an unknown device listed under device manager, but pointed to the Program Files\EeePC\ACPI\Driver\Vista folder and it found it and installed it correctly. That fixed the Fn+ key functions and added the EeePC Tray Utility. A version of ASUSUpdate which appears to run under 7 is @

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/EeePC/Utility/ASUSUpdt-1_03_04.zip

although my BIOS was already up to date beforehand, so I haven't needed to use it yet.

I used the latest Realtek audio driver at www.realtek.com.tw and it seems to work fine, ditto for Intel's latest GMA video driver and the latest Atheros PCI-E ethernet driver is @ http://partner.atheros.com/Drivers.aspx (AR81FamilyWinSetup_1.0.0.45_WHQL.rar)

I'm getting the latest Ralink wireless drivers at the moment so can't recommend them one way or the other, same with the Elantech touchpad and Azurewave bluetooth drivers (although they're all working thus far, touch wood, with the built-in drivers).

Let me know if I can provide any more info.

Cheers

Hoju
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/27/2009 10:25:00 PM # 6

Quote:
Author: Grumbe Grapes Posted: 10/17/2009 8:03:00 AM

Ok, so installed Windows 7, and so far it's been very nice. However, after I installed the ACPI drivers, I started getting dialog boxes on startup telling me I'm missing audio and VGA drivers. Also, the volume function keys bring up the little slider bar on the screen, but they don't actually change the volume. Anyone know how to fix these things? Finally, does anyone else heard from ASUS about when they will be releasing an official set of drivers? I called them and they said they will release them when Windows 7 goes fully public, although I'll believe it when I see it.

Just wanted to add that with the latest Realtek audio drivers and the aforementioned ACPI driver, the volume function keys work and sync with the master volume fine.

F
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:10/27/2009 11:58:00 PM # 7
I got a no guaruntee response from ASUS support re: win 7 drivers for 1000he, so don't hold your breath.

I, so far, have very little problems - drivers mostly found themselves with the exception of the ACPI one which was easily remedied by the XP driver.

THe only thing that isn't working is bluetooth (which I haven't configured as it never gets used) and the 1024x768 mode. I don't know why but the recent GMA drivers will no allow it - 1024 x 600 only.

Hopefully we'll see an official release letting us 1000HE users get the compress mode back

euh...bah...
Level :
Tech Points : 67
Posted:11/1/2009 7:56:00 PM # 8
take care!! all the ACPI drivers are not compatible with the BIOS 2204 on the 1000H under Win7. I have install win7pro and everything works fine (with the drivers for winXP) since i update the bios with the new bios 2204 "for win7".

Goosedude
Level :
Posted:11/8/2009 10:49:00 AM # 9
I have the latest BIOS and installed most of the Win7 Drivers for the 1000H from ASUSTEK....

I keep getting the ACPI error message upon booting up.

I de-installed the ACPI drivers then tried to re-install them with the ones in the thread from above but still have the error....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Goosedude
Level :
Posted:11/8/2009 11:34:00 PM # 10
Got the ACPI message to go away (Uninstall the old ACPI Driver)
4 Buttons below the screen work fine and the 2 right ones are reprogrammable via INSTANT KEY.

2 Issues I am experiencing are:
1) Bluetooth.....Not seen as installed.....anyone have updated drivers for Win7?
2) Like the post above can't get the VGA resolution to the 1024 x 768.....Installed the latest drivers so?

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.