Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1000HD/XP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Windows 7 on eee 1000hd New Topic
Tandrcak
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:10/15/2009 8:21:00 PM # 1
I use windows 7 on my eee pc(1000hd), but i need some driver. Graphic card and web camera. where i can find it? sorry for bad english ;)

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:10/15/2009 8:40:00 PM # 2
As far as the webcam.... you need the ecap tool.  http://dlsvr.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePC/EeePC1000/ECap_XP_080827.zip

Make sure your camera is enabled in BIOS.  If it still doesn't work... I have HEARD that some people disabled USB 2.0 in BIOS and it worked...but don't do that unless you absolutely have to do so.... it will slow down anything you hook into the USB ports.

As far as the graphics drivers.... you will have to do a little work...but have found another link for you.  FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND EXACTLY!

http://945gma950modriver.fullblog.com.ar/post/945gm-vista-mod-driver-mod-vista-gma950-vista-mod-291242604375/

The 1000hd is interesting because I have heard people say Win7 installed without an issue and everything worked...while others say graphics and webcam issues.  Hard to come up with a fix when some work and some do not.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.