Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > K40Ij  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]USB 2.0 1.3M UVC Webcam New Topic
heeshin
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:10/2/2009 10:24:00 AM # 1
hello. i'm having troubles with my webcam. i know when its already installed its supposed to be found in the my computer folder right? but i can't find it anywhere in my pc. i went to the device manager and it shows there "the device is working properly". i can also use my webcam through yahoo messenger though. but i can't seem to use it without opening the yahoo messenger. please help! i really can't locate it or worst i don't know if its really installed. thank you.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Leo
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:10/3/2009 10:08:00 AM # 2
Same here.. Is there a separate Application I have to access? I only saw the Asus Virtual Camera in my Start Menu Programs but when I click on it, it jus minimizes to the system tray.. I was expecting a functional normal camera with easilly configurable settings, just wanted to click and shoot photos to save them straight to my notebook!

Heinz
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/2/2009 2:21:00 AM # 3
GUYS, if you are running Windows XP, follow the steps below to turn your web cam on. 1. Double click on "My Computer" 2. On the lower part, you should see something that says "Camera" (Sorry, i'm now running Windows 7), then just double click it and you will notice that the status light of your web cam will light on. Hope that helps.

niksa
Level :
Posted:12/21/2009 7:53:00 AM # 4
hey i have windows 7 and also have the same problems as people above,so can you help me?? my microphone dont work and sound also....thanks!

Ogie
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/27/2009 12:43:00 AM # 5

Quote:
Author: heeshin Posted: 10/2/2009 10:24:00 AM

hello. i'm having troubles with my webcam. i know when its already installed its supposed to be found in the my computer folder right? but i can't find it anywhere in my pc. i went to the device manager and it shows there "the device is working properly". i can also use my webcam through yahoo messenger though. but i can't seem to use it without opening the yahoo messenger. please help! i really can't locate it or worst i don't know if its really installed. thank you.

same problem...please help. just purchased my notebook. K40ij. I'm using Windows 7.

Felony
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/28/2009 4:48:00 AM # 6
DAMN!! my WebCam is INVERTED!!! is there any software or dirver to fix that issue, at first may be funny, but then, get anoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

JF
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/11/2010 3:28:00 AM # 7
I also have a problem like that before..Im using Windows 7 32bit. just Download the LifeFrame Utility from the Asus Download page.. install, then u can capture photos & videos anytime u want.. hope this help Kabayan..

Archie
Level :
Tech Points : 6
Posted:1/11/2010 12:01:00 PM # 8

Quote:
Author: Heinz Posted: 11/2/2009 2:21:00 AM

GUYS, if you are running Windows XP, follow the steps below to turn your web cam on. 1. Double click on "My Computer" 2. On the lower part, you should see something that says "Camera" (Sorry, i'm now running Windows 7), then just double click it and you will notice that the status light of your web cam will light on. Hope that helps.

Yah right...

1. Double click "My computer"
2. Double click "USB Video Device" (not "Camera")
3. Press the key combination "Fn + V" to shoot

If you have the Software "Cyberlink Youcam" and have installed, the better.

For those of you guys who are running already in Win7, the only thing you should do is to update your camera driver.

Enjoy the day... :)

Niel
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:1/11/2010 2:33:00 PM # 9

Quote:
Author: Felony Posted: 12/28/2009 4:48:00 AM

DAMN!! my WebCam is INVERTED!!! is there any software or dirver to fix that issue, at first may be funny, but then, get anoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

try my posted topic on the forum list. I think it will be effective for you.

Niel
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:1/11/2010 2:35:00 PM # 10

Quote:
Author: heeshin Posted: 10/2/2009 10:24:00 AM

Re-install your webcam using your hardware disc, even you found it in you cmputer folder. it must be listed in your computer program.

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.