ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > F3Sg  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]VeriSoft Access Manager and Windows 7 New Topic
Mtechfan
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/30/2009 7:07:00 PM # 1
I am losing my patience trying to find a solution for this. I want to upgrade my Vista ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate. When installing I get this.

The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.
  • For these items, make the following changes:
    Uninstall these programs. Open Control Panel and search for "uninstall a program".
    • VeriSoft Access Manager
Now that is not even listed under the uninstall program list, but it is something I use on a daily basis anyways. I prefer using my finger to logon then having a password. It is faster and works well. Plus no-one can use my notebook when I am away from it :p

Has anyone found a solution?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
pierrenk
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/19/2009 5:10:00 PM # 2
try to uninstall asus security protect manager

Asus X72SA
Koch
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/24/2009 7:42:00 AM # 3

I have the same problem called the tech line and they were of no help at this time. Called Cognizance Corp: listed as Publisher. They had sold to the manufactures HP being the largest.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled from the download at ASUS in Applications and ASPM. I have sent e-mail for help.

Su
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:10/26/2009 7:03:00 AM # 4

I'm running into the same problem. Have you found a way to solve this?

NeilinVA
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/26/2009 8:22:00 AM # 5
I have the exact same problem on my M50SV-B1. Tech support was worthless - even 2nd-level. I've spent HOURS on the phone and everyone is clueless. They eventually told me to recover my system back to the original factory loadset. (ha,ha. RIGHT!) Support's lack of technical expertise is sad. Here's what I've done: I've searched c:\program files for Verisoft - not there. I scanned the entire registry and there wasn't one single instance of "Verisoft" anywhere. When I try to uninstall the ASUS Security Protect Manager (ASPM), it won't uninstall - it gives me a message that says "The installed product does not match the installation source". The file it is looking for is CIAM.msi. I searched my computer for that file and found it in two places - I went to both and right-clicked/UNinstall, but both of them give me the same error message as I got when trying to uninstall ASPM from Programs & Features. Will someone from ASUS with some technical expertise please tell me how to fix this? I want to install Win7 since Vista HomePrem. 32bit has been problematic since day 1.

ASUS M50SV-B1 owner
Su
Level :
Posted:10/27/2009 1:56:00 AM # 6

So after doing some searching online i found out that Verisoft Access Manager is part of the Asus Security Protect Manager, so i took a chance and deleted that program and the installation for Windows 7 worked without a hitch. The only downside is that if your Asus notebook has a fingerprint sensor login, it will not work afterwards =(

RadAct
Level :
Posted:10/30/2009 2:01:00 PM # 7

This has also been doing my head in, but seems it's a common issue with Windows 7.

Found this post with a solution to an updated manager program that should fix the problem and restore finger print access.

http://www.lytebyte.com/2009/07/28/guide-to-bioscrypt-verisoft-access-manager-how-to-register-backup-and-restore-credentials/

smithy
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/2/2009 8:09:00 PM # 8

hi, did you go into program files and just delete the folder. I have done and uninstall from control panel but all files are still there. I also have had microsoft install a tool on my notebook the was to do a clean removal and still get the error, this is why i ask should i delete the folder from program files in c/
this is killing me please any help

Koch
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/9/2009 5:49:00 AM # 9
I have the same problem with upgading from Vista to Win 7, here is the reply from ASUS.
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

I am afraid ASUS officially doesn't support installing Win7 on U6S as well as VX2S. For the Win7 supported models, please refer to the following page:
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?product=3&search=1&os=29&SLanguage=en-us
We are sorry for the inconveneience.

Best Regards,

Leo

ASUS Customer Service

Today I spent 1 hour + with microsoft support downloaded and tried everthing could not resolve either. If ASUS does not support my 2 units that have set me back about $5,000 it will be my last ASUS purchase and I will let my friends know.

Willy
Level :
Tech Points : 3969
Posted:11/9/2009 12:12:00 PM # 10

Quote:
Author: Koch Posted: 11/9/2009 5:49:00 AM

I have the same problem with upgading from Vista to Win 7, here is the reply from ASUS.
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

I am afraid ASUS officially doesn't support installing Win7 on U6S as well as VX2S. For the Win7 supported models, please refer to the following page:
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?product=3&search=1&os=29&SLanguage=en-us
We are sorry for the inconveneience.

Best Regards,

Leo

ASUS Customer Service

Today I spent 1 hour + with microsoft support downloaded and tried everthing could not resolve either. If ASUS does not support my 2 units that have set me back about $5,000 it will be my last ASUS purchase and I will let my friends know.

Have done a successful clean installation (do not use upgrade) of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my ASUS A8Sc notebook computer.  It works perfectly.

Windows 7 contains the necessary drivers in itself.  You don’t need to install the drivers.  When the installation of Windows 7 is completed, use Windows Update to get the latest drivers.

Also, install the following Windows 7 drivers and utilities.  Everything will work properly.

ATK ACPI Driver

ATK_MEDIA Utility

ATK_Hotkey Utility

ASUS ATKOSD2 Utility

ATK Generic Function Utility

ASUS Wireless Switch (Wireless Console3) Utility

ASUS Data Security Manager Utility (also for fingerprint logon)

Life Frame Utility

Power4 Gear Hybrid Utility

ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology

Keyboard Device Filter Utility

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=K50IN

Fingerprint driver and utility

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=Fingerprint

Camera Driver (Follow instruction and get PID code first)

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=Camera

I think you can also install Windows 7 on your ASUS computer successfully.

Good luck!!

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.