Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1000HE  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Battery Not Charging New Topic
Lopes
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/28/2009 3:28:00 AM # 1
Hello all, i am having a problem with my Eee PC 1000HE, yesterday i left it recharging, the light was blinking and i though was all fine, today in the morning i connected the computer with battery only and it didnt start, after some attemps i connected AC cord and when i logged on windows the status of the battery was "charging: 0%" and all day it stays the same, i have updated bios to the latest versions, removed battery and tried again and made a bios reset also, and nothing works, the battery wont charge, it wont go past 0%.

Any ideas how to solve this or should i activate my warranty?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Gerrard
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 82
Posted:9/28/2009 4:27:00 PM # 2
I think you have done everything that I know for the battery problem.
So I think the only way to solve your problem is to contact Asus Support Team and ask for a replacement of battery.

K
Level :
Posted:1/31/2010 5:57:00 AM # 3
Does anyone have the answer for this?

I had the same issue.  Before last night, my battery would last me about 6 hours on average.  NO problems at all with the charging/recharging.  Plugged in to recharge the battery last night.  This morning, the battery charging indicator light was not lighting up, and the system would not boot up with just the battery.  As with the OP, the power options properties dialog box shows that the total battery power charging is unknown, and 0% charging.

What happened?  Did the system short out the battery??  Or is the battery charging module in the netbook the one that is broken?  Odd that one day the battery can hold 6+ hrs of charge, the next day, it won't even hold a charge.

cancid
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:4/30/2010 10:04:00 PM # 4
Same problem to me! Although, I must admit that something happen before it didn't work any more. I was late for a flight and in the rush I took the bag with my laptop in it out of the bus shelf with a little too much strength. I heard a "stack!!" as if the screen had broken but when I checked it the screen was fine. Anyway, I had to send the luggage back home because I could not board the flight with my luggage (I was too late to check in) and one of the things that I left behind was the notebook.

When I came back from the trip 10 days later the battery was not working any more... I think that as I slightly flexed the computer when taking it out of the bus shelf, the batteries within the battery case disconnected. I used to make batteries conglomerates for electricul stuf requiring 9,10 and 12000mAh and the hardest part was to link the batteries components. The welding between the batteries is the most delicate part! I think that the "stack!"was the welding breaking...

I checked some prices... They are so expensive!!

How is the 6600mAh doing? The broken one has 8700mAh and before breaking it, it use to last for about 7ish hours. Is the 6600mAh as long lasting as the 8700mAh?

Smith
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:7/12/2010 6:35:00 AM # 5
Again, same issue here. The battery is not charging at all. Windows wont even run without the battery connected. The AC adaptor is not even recognized. Already tested the voltage out on the AC adaptor and it is fine.

Opondo
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/17/2010 10:49:00 PM # 6
I have the same issue. Took my laptop to work one day, it had bene fine up to then, with up to 6 hours of battery power on most days; put it on standby at the end of the day. Next day I found it off; it was unable to start until I connected the charger. Then the battery meter is stuck at 'charging, 0%' since then. The orange charge LED goes on, then begins to blink after several minutes. However when disconnected from mains the machine goes off immediately.

What I'm even more annoyed about is that customer support is either unwilling or unable to help with this. I have already called three times in the past one month, and the best they have told me is that according to them my warranty has run out (yet at the time of first reporting the machine was not even 11 months old!)

I guess this is the last time I ever touch an Asus product; such a pity considering that this machine initially appeared to be great value for money...

Opondo
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/17/2010 10:58:00 PM # 7
I wish you all the best with the support team, because in my experience with this exact problem they have been unable or unwilling to help!

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.