ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1000HA/XP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Cursor jumps during typing New Topic
Carey
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/27/2009 9:51:00 AM # 1
My cursor jumps around while typing quite often. This is very annoying when trying to type anything. Is there a solution or a setting I need to adjust?  

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Bob
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/30/2009 5:48:00 AM # 2
Hi, I have the same problem. I suggest you file a customer service email request. Look at the response they sent me below. I'm trying out their suggestions this week. Bob F. My original email: [Problem Description] Persistent keyboard problem: Linux, WinXP, Win 7: While typing in Word, Notepad, anything, the text pointer suddenly jumps to the cursor insertion point, wherever the cursor is. I must then delete the text and reposition the cursor to the end of the last good character typed. This event generally happens while I am typing several words, e.g., responding to email, google search, etc. ======================== Their reply: Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service. Do you use the Windows 7 on your Eee PC now? If so, please reinstall the ACPI driver for a try. Here is the download site of the driver for your reference: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=Eee%20PC%201000/XP&f_name=Asus_ACPI_Driver.zip&f_type=26&os=17 Please be noticed before you install the new ACPI driver, you need to remove the old one from the Control Panel. If the problem persists, it might be a hardware problem on your keyboard. So please contact Asus TSD to set up an RMA for repair on the system. Would you please refer to the following page and fill in the RMA Submittal Form: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/usa_rmaserv.aspx You can give a call to question the details in advance. RMA: 812-282-ASUS(2787) - option 2; option 4 Tech support: 1-888-678-3688 For more information feel free to refer to our self-help pages by clicking the links below: Troubleshooting - http://support.asus.com/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.aspx?SLanguage=en-us FAQ - http://support.asus.com/faq/faq.aspx?SLanguage=en-us Live Support – http://asuswiki.asus.com/usaSupport/index.php?title=Main_Page If you continue to experience issues in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. Best Regards, Steven ASUS Customer Service

Boldman
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/11/2009 8:03:00 AM # 3
I filled out a customer service request and never heard back from anyone. I have the same problem with my EEE PC 1005HA. How do you uninstall the ACPI driver on Windows 7?

Bird
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 12
Posted:10/11/2009 12:21:00 PM # 4
Disable touchpad tapping to fix this. It's caused by your hand inadvertently brushing the touchpad as you type.

Boldman
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/12/2009 4:12:00 AM # 5
When I installed Windows 7 I hadn't updated the driver for the touchpad. I downloaded the latest Synaptics driver today and that gave me the options I needed to disable the touchpad when I need to. That fixes the problem.

Odd, though, because I'd thought of the touchpad as being the problem. I typed using 'two fingers' and avoided the touchpad but still had the problem. Oh well.

kliper69
Level :
Posted:12/6/2009 8:01:00 AM # 6
My Eee pc is using XP.  How can I disable the touch pad?
Kliper

Gardner
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:12/6/2009 8:31:00 AM # 7

Quote:
Author: kliper69 Posted: 12/6/2009 8:01:00 AM

My Eee pc is using XP.  How can I disable the touch pad?
Kliper

@kliper69   Two quick ways.  1) There should be a button in the upper left portion of the keyboard landscape... press it and it should illuminate -or- 2) press [fn] [F3).  Both will toggle the touch pad on and off.

EEE 1005HA, 2GB/160GB - XP SP3/UNR 9.10
Alan
Level :
Posted:9/26/2010 6:00:00 AM # 8
I know there has been some time between posts but am having the same problem with my 1015PED. What ended up working for me was disabling the drag feature on Elan and downloading toughpadfreeze - freeware that freezes the pad when typing. So far this seems to be working. Alan

Del Rosario
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/10/2011 3:09:00 PM # 9
I'm using Asus u80A from Bestbuy. Have the same problem about jumping cursor and I'm using Vista 64Bit. SO what's the solution to this mess other than buying a new laptop and throwing this in the San Francisco Bay? Any help from these people that really works? Let me just continue to type from this point forward so they have a real idea what happens and how the finish products looks like, here we go: "I'mopped up and really messed up? that's the truis mess. help! finis product of the sentences are chow thone see where the cursor jumps and h tirel of this nonsense. Can any really" wow, can anyone read that and make sense out from it? That's what I have to put up> -Pls help

Del Rosario
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/10/2011 3:00:00 PM # 10
I'm using Asus u80A from Bestbuy. Have the same problem about jumping cursor and I'm using Vista 64Bit. SO what's the solution to this mess other than buying a new laptop and throwing this in the San Francisco Bay? Any help from these people that really works? Let me just continue to type from this point forward so they have a real idea what happens and how the finish products looks like, here we go: "I'mopped up and really messed up? that's the truis mess. help! finis product of the sentences are chow thone see where the cursor jumps and h tirel of this nonsense. Can any really" wow, can anyone read that and make sense out from it? That's what I have to put up> -Pls help

1 2  Next  Last
:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.