Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > N90Sv  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]N90Sv White screen problem New Topic
RobbyK
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/25/2009 7:39:00 PM # 1
I purchased a Notebok N90Sv in June. With no cause the display screen of the notebook become white with gray lines.
I have to push the operate button (i.e. suspend the notebook), repush the button and
the screen finally works. The problem is casual. Sometimes it happens only tuching the screen.
Is it only a driver problem ?

Thanks in advantage

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
De Bolt
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/29/2009 4:34:00 AM # 2
I have the same issue. The screen randomly goes white with grey lines for no reason. The computer and programs are still running, the display is just white. Sometimes moving the screen causes it to go white, pushing a button, or just on it's own. Now it occasionally goes white on startup, so this is becomming a major issue.

I have updated the video drivers and this has not solved the issue.

It is irritating because the computer is less than 2 months old.

I emailed tech support so will see what they have to say.

Posted:10/11/2009 9:09:00 PM # 3
Hi! I have the same problem. I purchased my notebook less than 2 months too. I emailed tech support and have no response from now. Have you got a solution now?

Thorne
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/13/2009 3:41:00 AM # 4
I too have the same problem. The notebook is 2 weeks old. When someone has an answer if this is fixable, please let me (us) now

Gardner
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/14/2009 4:59:00 AM # 5
I to am having the same problem notebook is only 2 months old and the screen goes white it seem as if asus have no intrest in fixing the problem

Hanako
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:10/15/2009 2:50:00 AM # 6
I am also experiencing random white screens/distorted lines and it is very annoying.

Fortunately I discovered an easy fix early on that someone else also mentioned in another post, just close the lid and open again.  Works for me every time.(sometimes have to do it twice)

So ASUS please fix this bug.  A graphics driver update sometime this year might solve the problem *hint hint

Burris
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:10/21/2009 9:39:00 AM # 7
I also have the same problem with screen, but at first like the others.  I could just close lid or press sleep and then bring it back out of sleep. This would fix problem.  Now it takes a little bit more.  Guys I hope this is not the Nvidia part that casued Nvida's stock to go from 38$ to 7$ a share. About a year ago they had or claimed that the company that packaged the chips damaged them.  This model is to new for this par I hope its not that one that would be a problem for ASUS.  Shoot I purchased the laptop for the Nividia part. (lol, although its just a remarked 9600 the 130M sounds good)

PS I've never out of say 6+ motherboards ever got a answer from any ASUS support.
      I hope that has changed. Not looking good, Good luck to all on this! 

So has anyone got any help or even "We are working on the problem" email? 

Hanako
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:10/24/2009 5:31:00 AM # 8
I received the reply

"For your problem, I would suggest you to send your laptop in and ask our engineer to do a detailed check for you. It's probably a hardware issue."

Its quite possible that this is defective hardware instead of a driver bug.  Especially since it has been occurring more and more frequently for me, and now sometimes I have to open and close the lid several times to get rid of the white screen.

I'm going to do a RMA and hopefully that will get it fixed.

P.S. out of about 20 ASUS motherboards over the past 8 years I have never had any problems with the hardware(even with heavy overclocking), so overall I am pretty satisfied.  The were mostly the fully loaded high-end boards, that might have been part of the reason.

Burris
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:10/24/2009 4:13:00 PM # 9
I hear ya man I love my ASUS EVGA and NVIDIA, As far as motherboards I've been using them since the P3's I remember the P2B I think it was I built a machine for me then two more for other people. Shoot thats why I have this the guy in the rack beside me got the G70 or something like that from me telling him about this one.   
      Now for your reply I'm guessing you work for ASUS?  I need to get some facts so I will know what todo.  Its going to be very hard to talk with you after this laptop is gone. I'n Navy and all our computers are blocked from forums. I'm in Kuwait, do I need to send this to my wife and she call in can I send it strait to your shop? I guess what I'm asking is will she need to call a certian number.  Not in a rush its just that I have like four months left.  I'm thinking 3 weeks to get it to ASUS.  And weeks to get it fixed, but I am by no means in a hurry I want it fixed right so what ever they decided to do is great. If its messed up will they send me someone else's problem child or a new one, if new I will send everything that came with this one home too.

It's very hard to do this from Kuwait, Any info up front will be cool I will have to locate a box this thing wil actully fit in.  Can you see my email and can you contact me with that.  I can use gmail.  lol hold right their I can't see omg..........OK im back let me know anything I can do up front to make this smooth....

Thanks fo the help,,

Tony Burris

Lietzenmayer
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/4/2009 7:06:00 AM # 10
I'm having this problem as well, and I'd like to have it resolved soon.  I can't afford to send in my computer for repairs until December.  I would like an official statement from Asus about this problem, there's been multiple instances on the reviews at Newegg for it and here as well.

1 2 3 4 5 6  Next  Last
:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.