Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Webcam > AF-200  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Webcam Very Slow New Topic
duchowny
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/21/2009 8:28:00 AM # 1
Hello, I have a G71GX-RX05 that I got from Best Buy.  I installed Windows 7 and the webcam works but when I use it in the ASUS LifeFrame software it is very very slow.  It is supposed to be a USB 2.0 Webcam so I do not know why it is so slow.  What can I do so that the frame rate is ok.  Thanks.  BTW...I do not know the model of my Webcam.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Terragno
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/23/2009 2:21:00 AM # 2
I have a new PRO66I asus notebook and i think that its webcam is very slow. I compare it with an hp pavilion 6000, 4 years old and its webcam is better... Is it possible to fix this issue?

snowman
Level :
Posted:6/9/2010 6:21:00 PM # 3
I have an asus g72gx, i had this problem at first with lifeframe in paticular, but i did two things i'm not sure which of them improved the frames but it did, very much might i add. The first is a simple thing, i just ran it in administrator. The second thing is in lifeframe itself, so you have to open it up. Go down to the wrench below the actual video. Click on it, then hit advanced settings, It'll have two things the type of mic you're using, either your built in, or perhaps a usb. And then the cam, at first mine was set to "asus virtual camera" Switch it USB 2.0 UMV virtual camera. After doing those two things it worked just as a normal one shoud

Gigan
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/20/2010 7:46:00 AM # 4
It does not help for me... N61JV notebook, 2.0Mb webcam

David
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/7/2011 3:07:00 PM # 5
I would really like a solution to this too. My webcam is painfully slow, inexplicably slow. It's only a few frames per second. I disabled the "virtual camera" thing, which was way worse than just the hardware camera. I can't find any technical data on what the expected frame rates are. All i know is that all the footage i take is worse than one of those photobooths.

Gigan
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/16/2011 10:35:00 AM # 6
Why ASUS technical stuff do not try to solve those problems?

Colelli
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/12/2012 2:56:00 AM # 7
i have the same problem on a N61JV laptop, 2.0 Mp webcam Webcam is slow. i contacted Asus support, and there was an intensive email contact, but it wasn´t helpful at all. What they had to offer was a link for the driver, which of course i already had. Then i was offered to return the laptop for repairs. I´m not comfortable with this right now, but aren´t there more of these laptops out there, you guys subscribe and leave a message.

Colelli
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/12/2012 2:57:00 AM # 8
So what did you do, return the laptop for repairs, does it work now ?

Colelli
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/12/2012 3:09:00 AM # 9
was there any feedback regarding the technical issue from Asus ?

Mungroo
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/2/2012 7:05:00 AM # 10
i have the same problem with my webcam. its moving very slow and i don't know what to do. i have the N53SV. can someone help me plz

1 2  Next  Last
:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.