SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > G71Gx(BestBuy)  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Others]Synaptics TouchPad New Topic
Wuestenhagen
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/10/2009 2:56:00 PM # 1
So basically I was searching online today looking to see if it is possible to find some type of software or driver that will allow my TouchPad to have additional features such as two-finger scrolling, two-finger pinch zooming, and other things. On Synaptics website, I found that they have a product called Synaptics Gesture Suite 9.1 that implements all these features and more. Well, I couldn't find anything about downloading this or a driver with these features on their website so I started searching through the Asus download page. Unfortunately, the only version of the software they had here was the driver I had already installed in my computer which doesn't include these features. So I started searching the web and still couldn't find anything. Any ideas of where I can download the driver that has the features and that is compatible with my computer (G71Gx) with Vista 64bit?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Esod
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/10/2009 3:13:00 PM # 2
Hellow,

Me too please for a M50SV (with Windows 7, 64bits)

:)

Wuestenhagen
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/11/2009 4:21:00 AM # 3
Bump.

Any ideas at all?

Chris
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 48
Posted:9/12/2009 10:03:00 AM # 4
Most Synpatic touchpads with the Synaptic standard drivers don't work with multitouch-gestures (an exception is the Eee PC). Using a modded Synaptics driver would do the trick. Search in the net for Discrusio Anima: it is a driver made for the Acer Gestome series, but also works for most of Synaptic's touchpads (only 64bit OS have problems with the modded driver). But be aware that you are doing it on your own risk.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.