Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > F5V  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Feedback and Suggestion]CD/DVD Drive not working New Topic
Schnell
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:9/1/2009 9:01:00 PM # 1
I have a Asus Notebook F5v and i am experiencing the following problem.
For about 4 months my CD/DVD Rom that came originally with the notebook isn`t workign anymore. That means when i put a CD inside for example while in windows i get the message, if i want to burn something on the disk since the computer recognizes it as being a blank, altho i have various information on the disk. I thought it is broke until recently when i was forced to format my computer and to reinstall a new operating system (a Windows 7 OEM).
The DVD worked flawlessly, so there is not problem with the hardware i guess, BUT now i find myself in the same situation where no matter what CD or DVD i try to run it dosen`t see the information on it. This is really somethign i cannot understand and i hope u will be able to give me some explanations.
Before realizing that the drive isn`t working it was used a maximum of 30 times since the notebook was buyed. Really looking forward to any form of response since i am kinda speechless.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Losnad
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 147
Posted:9/2/2009 5:50:00 AM # 2
Try Fix it

Schnell
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:9/7/2009 1:22:00 AM # 3
It doesn`t work, Upper filters/Lower filters don`t appear in that registry key and automatic fix it doesn`t work. OS is Windows 7 x86, by the way, but same stuff was happening in Windows XP...

Losnad
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 147
Posted:9/9/2009 12:48:00 AM # 4
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20090906130112781&board_id=3&model=F5R&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.