ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5K SE  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]P5K SE BIOS Update Question New Topic
ToRoNtOGuYY
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/26/2009 3:06:00 PM # 1
Hello!, I had a question with regards to updating my BIOS on my P5K SE. I currently have a BIOS Version 1008, and want to update to 0501. However, when I do try to update via floppy, and hit Enter on the BIOS update, it gives me the following error: "Error occurred while reading the file!" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Although I am good at computers, Im a little weak in this department, so a step by step instruction would be fantastic. Thanks again!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18480
Posted:8/27/2009 2:22:00 AM # 2
Hi T...

I don't see any 0501 version for your board....

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5K%20SE&product=1

Can you provide a link to the BIOS revision you are trying to use..?

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
ToRoNtOGuYY
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/27/2009 2:41:00 AM # 3
Hey! Here's the link: (Click Vista 32bit) http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5K%20SE/EPU The reason you don't see 0501 version in the link you gave me is because it's not the Asus Canadian site. The link I have given you is for the Asus Canadian site. Thanks!

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:8/27/2009 5:07:00 AM # 4
Hi T..

I see... you have the P5K SE/EPU...   Not the P5K SE...

Still a bit of confusion here as there is no 1008 BIOS listed...  You mention that you have 1008 on your board...

Do you have an Asus board or an OEM board...?

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
ToRoNtOGuYY
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/27/2009 5:48:00 AM # 5
Hey, Sorry for the confusion. Here is the proper link for my exact motherboard: http://support.asus.com.tw/download/download.aspx?model=P5K SE&SLanguage=en-us No, my motherboard is not an OEM, it has the original box and all. Thanks Ulrich!

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:8/27/2009 9:34:00 AM # 6
Hi T..

OK..  Now where is the 0501 BIOS you are trying to use for the revision...?

http://support.asus.com.cn/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

ToRoNtOGuYY
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/27/2009 9:43:00 AM # 7
Hi, Okay, forget about the BIOS 0501, as I had made a mistake earlier. The BIOS version is now 1104 on the following link I had provided before: http://support.asus.com.tw/download/download.aspx?model=P5K SE&SLanguage=en-us Its the second one from the top of the list. Thanks again Ulrich.

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:8/27/2009 9:52:00 AM # 8
Hi T..

Did you extract the BIOS image from the compressed file that you downloaded....?

The BIOS image comes out P5K-SE-1104.rom      Rename the file P5KS1104.ROM

Sometimes, the problem can be the media... If you aren't using Memorex 2SHD floppy disks, see if you can find some locally and try again.

ToRoNtOGuYY
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/27/2009 11:44:00 AM # 9
Hey, Its already a .rom file. This is what the file currently says, "P5K-SE-1104.ROM". I actually am using a Sony High Density floppy diskette. Is there anything else you can suggest? By the way, im sure you noticed this message: "The new Marvell 6111 Option ROM must be used in conjunction with driver version V1.2.0.51 or later. Please make sure you update Marvell 6111 driver after the BIOS update." Would that have anything to do with it? If so, how would I go about it?

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:8/29/2009 12:08:00 AM # 10
Hi T....

Try renaming the BIOS image as suggested previously and see if you can find some of the Memorex disks suggested.  The inability to read the issue can be a problem with the media.

The Marvel option ROM should be written into the BIOS file... but that controller, the Marvell controller, does not run your floppy drive so there should be no connection between the two.

"The new Marvell 6111 Option ROM must be used in conjunction with driver version V1.2.0.51 or later. Please make sure you update Marvell 6111 driver after the BIOS update."

Description Marvell IDE Driver V1.2.0.51 for Windows XP(WHQL)/Vista(WHQL) & 64bit XP(WHQL)/Vista(WHQL).

What you see above is the connection....  the IDE driver needs BIOS revision 1104 in order to work properly.....

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.