Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > W90VP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Feedback and Suggestion]New model scheduled for realese? New Topic
Viezner
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:8/11/2009 11:38:00 PM # 1
I hear the W90vp has been discontinued but that there is a new model slated for release (if not globally then Canada). Does anyone have any more detailed information about this since I have none. Does the new resemble the old? Has anyone reviewed it yet? Should I just purchase the next best thing instead (G71gx) given all I see on these forums is complaints about this model?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Kenth
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/11/2009 11:49:00 PM # 2
There are alot of diffrent version of the W90vp model.

Seems like ASUS is only selling the W90vp X-2 model now in both US & Canada.

They were selling the W90VP A1 earlier, but heard tons of problems with that model.

Anyone here with the x-2 model that have had problems with it?

Orphen
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/12/2009 5:36:00 AM # 3
If what you guyes call the X2 model, is the one with a core 2 quad 2ghz, crossfire ati HD mobility 4870, and the rest is same as what you guys call the X1 version, ...

Then, in europe its called W90VP-UZ051K , which is the one i have, and I have the white screen of death issue like many others...

ASUS tech guys accepted my 2nd RMA request, and I called a guy from the client service.
So wait and see what happens, but the guys at the client service didn't seem to haev ever heard of teh white screen of death issue with teh W90VP models.

Wait and see .... i'm waiting a week, then im sending it to RMA again, and we'll see what happens then ...

Kenth
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/12/2009 8:08:00 AM # 4
They are selling the model W90vp - UZ014J back home and i'm abit reluctant to get that model.

Thats why i'm wondering if W90vp - x2 (quad) has had the same problems like all the other ati 4870x2 crossfire models.

What i have read is that many with the W90vp - A1 model has had the WSOD problem + video probs and now the European release as well, W90vp - UZ, which is worrysome :(

Keep us updated Orphen on the progress with your W90.

Tom
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:8/12/2009 2:52:00 PM # 5

Orphen,

When I RMAed my w90vp-A1 to Asus USA, I asked them whether they've encountered a lot of White Screen of Death issues and many of the techs said "no."  A few techs said they've heard of it but that it wasn't a common problem.  Personally, I think they're not being completely honest.  With so many w90vp owners reselling their laptops on ebay or other online places, I think the White Screen of Death is a wide spread problem.  I've RMAed my w90vp-A1 three times and the WSOD issue wasn't resolved.  If Asus France hasn't heard of the WSOD, ask them to call Asus USA or Asus Taiwan.  The USA and Taiwan headquarters will certainly have heard of this problem.

Orphen
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/17/2009 10:26:00 PM # 6
Hello everyone,

So, I waited a week since my last call to their customer service that stayed without any news ....
I had to call 4 or 5 times today to be able to join the person in charge of asus customer service in France.
Pretty much nothing came out of this ... Exept one important point.
Basicly he told me that my laptop had been to RMA once already, and the only thing he could do, was to accept my laptop to RMA again. But if that doesn't solve my issue, then I will be able to ask for a laptop exchange OR a total refund of the laptop.

You know what you have to do now ... Good Luck ...

EDIT: Sending it to RMA this evening or tomorow

Orphen
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/28/2009 5:34:00 PM # 7
Hooray .... got my laptop back ........

They ... reinstalled vista ... thats it ...

Im asking for a full refund now ....fed up with this ...

Orphen
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/29/2009 1:53:00 AM # 8
Is it me, or does everyone see this topic with only 4 replys (on the main forum page), and like the last post is from 12/08/2009 ?

Anyway, just to say : after 40 min reconfiguring my laptop (just to check ...) WSOD , so I confirme : they didn't fix the problem at all ...

RMA again, and this time refund for sure ............. Oh yeah, and never asus laptop again ... never ever ....

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.