Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Bad Bios checksum.starting Bios recovery.. New Topic
ihatespyware93
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/27/2009 11:56:00 AM # 1
when i turn on my system i  get--"
Bad Bios checksum.starting bios recovery..
Checking for floppy!
Floppy not found!
checking for cd rom!
cd rom not found! "
this is continuously being repeated and when i  insert the motherboard disc  i ge,t
Reading file.M2nMx. rom.. completed.
..start erasing.
..start programming..
THen it starts all over again.
 ive built my system about 3 1/2 years ago, windows xp. 2gig ram

does anyone know what is going on? i would greatly appreciate suggestions.
ive rechecked all cables etc and have reset cmos. sometimes when i restart, i am able to get into bios by pressing delete key and sometimes it doesnt let me.
thanks

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Pwerl
Level :
Posted:10/6/2009 7:17:00 AM # 2
Having the same problem as you. I was wondering what you did to fix this problem??

greggy
Level :
Posted:1/30/2010 6:54:00 PM # 3
Having same problem with P4P800VM motherboard. I tried reflashing my bios about 10-15 times, but couldn't get the bios to load properly. Keep getting the "checking for floppy...  checking for cd-rom" message on bootup. The flash process would never never stop or indicate it when was finished either.
The funny thing is I can boot up normally if I:  Unplug the 120v power cord (or turn off the PSU power switch)... wait, say 15-20 secs, turn power back on (or reconnect power cord) and then restart. Sometimes have to repeat procedure till it works. I was having to do this before I tried reflashing the bios.
I'm starting to wonder... is there something physically wrong with the bios chips or maybe the contacts in the chip sockets degrade over time?
I also reflashed 2 Intel boards recently I thought were dead, and they work fine now. And those only took me one attempt. I like their support website a lot more too. This experience doesn't aspire confidence in Asus very much...  especially after reading about all bios problems in these forums  :-\

edmanh
Level :
Posted:5/14/2010 10:42:00 AM # 4

Try to download the latest bios version, extract and rename that file to the

2nMx.rom, it must be the latest version (newer than the one that is program on the bios or the same version) for it to work. Just make sure the you name the bios to the rom file the the recovery is looking for. I did this on a Crosshair III Formula and it called for the the file CIIIF.ROM lastest bios as of 5-13-2010 is Crosshair-III-Formula-1602.rom so I renamed it to CIIIF.ROM and copy it to a USB drive and boot the system. It works!!!

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.