ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > U80V  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]AI Recovery Burner New Topic
justnar
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/3/2009 8:14:00 PM # 1
recently i bought asus u80v, and i realized that there is a hidden partition for recovery...
and after first start up some reminder showing to backup the recovery to dvds...
after i press start, the program runs until it hit 100% then showing
error, failed to create iso image...

so i cant backup the recovery to dvd...
i want to ask anyone having this problem, and how to solve it >.<
or any other software can be used to replace the AI recovery burner...?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
William
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/15/2009 2:30:00 PM # 2
Last Friday, I just bought asus u80v. It show reminder to backup the recovery to dvds immediately after first start up so I click it to start. It was successful to complete the backup for recovery dvds (3 blank dvds). Then I did  install any softwares. I tested it for 3 whole days. All everything is ok.

Heath
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:12/7/2009 3:37:00 AM # 3
This is a late answer, but I just bought my first ASUS notebook. A UL50Vt.

Why are you trying to make an iso? I just burnt directly to DVD and all went perfectly as far as I know. I'd try to get AI Recovery to work.

I have used Acronis backup products for about 9 years and have always been pleased with them. I have just used 'Acronis True Image Home 2010' to back up my new drive including the hidden partition. I have not needed to USE that back up , but it seemed to go well. I have relied on Acronis images many times and they have always been perfect so far.

Before I switched to Achronis, I used Drive Image, which was great until they had a major bug that caused corrupted back ups if used with Service Pack 3 of the newest Windows Operating System that I was using at the time. DI had known that they had a serious problem, knew who I was and yet did not notify me to either NOT use Drive Image or to remove SP3. I needed a backup, but it was garbage and I lost a lot of data. They could spam me with ads, but not a warning.

Sorry for the rant, but I have never forgiven Drive Image. Partially for that "I was let down once" reason, I did BOTH the AI Recovery AND the Acronis. I also do frequent backups of the data that I have created using XCOPY. Plus I have several external hard drives to spread this around on since every few years a hard drive seems to fail. (It is not paranoia if they really are after you. <grin>)

Best of luck.

mansur
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 105
Posted:12/7/2009 6:54:00 AM # 4
heath,
great answer, i enjoyed it.

; )

;)
Everett
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:4/6/2010 3:46:00 AM # 5
I was just wondering what the Ai Backup backs up. Is it a complete image of the current drive state or something else? I just bought a new U50f and it has a video issue. I dont want to lose everything I have set up on it including files imported from the old machine. I have to do my exchange for the new one in 3 days.

Mike
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/4/2010 2:59:00 PM # 6
The AI Burner quite simply will make an exact copy of the recovery partition. Disk one has the ability to boot the machine. Once booted, the computer is in a "Linux like" atmosphere where you will be asked if you would like to restore the machine. If you choose to do a restore, there is a walkthrough to complete the operation. You will be given a choice to re-install the operating system across the whole drive, or create a partition effectivly adding another drive letter for use. Note however that, the only time you would want or need to use the actual DVD set that you create, is if the recovery area has become damaged or otherwise non-usable if/when you shoule have the need to recover the operating system. The DVD set will actually rewrite that recovery partition and then the utility will use that recoverd partition to recover the computer. When complete, the computer will be in an "like new out of the box state." Take note, you will likely lose all previous data on the drive. This procedure will take approximately 60 to 90 minutes to complete.

I hope this will help.

Millen
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/26/2010 10:04:00 PM # 7
"Take note, you will likely lose all previous data on the drive"

"Drive" here, only means the drive on which the OS is installed, or all drives of the hard disk? The recovery won't affect my other non-OS drives right?

Tom
Level :
Posted:8/14/2010 8:22:00 PM # 8
I was running the recovery program, got through the first 2 discs, but then fell asleep.  When I woke up my computer had restart (not sure why) and when I try to continue the recovery process it wants to start from the very beginning again!  So i have to buy 2 more dvds!  Ugh!

Elisa
Level :
Posted:3/24/2011 1:59:00 PM # 9
Hi, sorry for bumping this - I bought my Asus about 2 months ago, and I didnt start making the recovery discs til now. I am having an issue where when i get to the 4th disc, it stops at a random % of Checking the disc, and about 10-20min later, it gives me an error telling me to insert a new disc. Ive done this 3 times, just wasted about 14 DVDs. I did end up installing a bunch of stuff since i got the laptop - is that why? Or is it because I had other processes running while doing it?

Should I just use another program to do the discs - I tried to Google but couldnt really find anything. I actually have Acronis True Image and I use it to back up my C and D drives, can it also make recovery discs? : S

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Ozgurruh
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:4/29/2011 6:24:00 PM # 10
Hi,
Unfortunately, i exactly have the same problem as well :S
I bought my ASUS N53JF LAPTOP and tried to use aı recovery burner program.
I put my blank DVD and pressed start button.
DVD-1 is ok but when DVD-2 burning process finished, it gives error such as;
"An exception occurred during the burning process. DVD-2 needs to be burned again.
Please inserta blank DVD
."
I am using Princo DVD-R blank DVD.
Could someone please help?
1) Maybe the problem is DVD choice ? If i use DVD+R (Verbatim or other DVD ...), my problem solved ?
2) Or AI Recovery Burner is the only way to have Back-up laptop ? Does anyone know another good way to back-up laptop ?
Thanks all.

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.