SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1005HA  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Feedback and Suggestion]memory RAM upgrade eee pc 1005HA & eee pc 1008HA New Topic

Tech Points : 0
Posted:6/18/2009 2:28:00 AM # 1

Hi there.

I want to know if it is possible upgrade the memory RAM from 1GB to 2GB in the eee pc 1005HA & 1008HA before buying it. To whom can I rescue the memory upgrade?

Please, give some resellers whom can give me a brand new eee pc model with memory RAM upgrade include in. Thank you.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:6/18/2009 2:54:00 AM # 2

Quote:
Author:  Posted: 6/18/2009 2:28:00 AM

Hi there.

I want to know if it is possible upgrade the memory RAM from 1GB to 2GB in the eee pc 1005HA & 1008HA before buying it. To whom can I rescue the memory upgrade?

Please, give some resellers whom can give me a brand new eee pc model with memory RAM upgrade include in. Thank you.

Right now, the board is having some issue with some users.  There is no information as to where you are from.  I am sure someone would give you some leads if we know what country you are talking about. 

Please let us know.
Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Broderick
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:6/18/2009 12:28:00 PM # 3
When is the 1005ha-h going to be available (in the Seattle, WA Market) and what merchants are going to sell it?

Ruiz
Level :
Posted:6/23/2009 9:58:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: DrZ Posted: 6/18/2009 2:54:00 AM

Quote:
Right now, the board is having some issue with some users.  There is no information as to where you are from.  I am sure someone would give you some leads if we know what country you are talking about. 

Please let us know.
Best Regards,
DrZ

I'm from USA and I want to know if It would be easy upgrade the memory RAM as in the 1000HE.

DrZ
Level :
Posted:6/23/2009 10:12:00 AM # 5
http://www.netbookchoice.com/2009/06/22/video-tutorial-upgrading-ram-on-an-eee-pc-1008ha-seashell/
Quote:
Author: Ruiz Posted: 6/23/2009 9:58:00 AM

Quote:
Author: DrZ Posted: 6/18/2009 2:54:00 AM

Quote:

Please let us know.
Best Regards,
DrZ

I'm from USA and I want to know if It would be easy upgrade the memory RAM as in the 1000HE.

Ruiz,
Follow this LINK.  This will show you a video of the memory upgrade process.  I don't know what effect this will have on your warranty.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Maverick
Level :
Posted:6/24/2009 2:54:00 AM # 6

Well, the video works well for the 1008HA, but what about the 1005HA?  I read that the 1005HA has an access panel, but I haven't been able to determine what type of RAM will be compatible.  I'm assuming that a 200-Pin DDR2 800 laptop RAM should work fine, but is there any way you can confirm?  Any special instructions or suggestions that I need to read over to make sure that there aren't any issues once the RAM is installed?  And what about the warranty?  I'd imagine that since there is an access panel I'd be covered if I wanted to upgrade the RAM.  I happen to be from the USA and the 1005HA is coming out in my area on July 1st so I want to make sure I have all the information I need before I decide to make any changes.

DrZ
Level :
Posted:6/24/2009 3:16:00 AM # 7

Quote:
Author: Maverick Posted: 6/24/2009 2:54:00 AM

Well, the video works well for the 1008HA, but what about the 1005HA?  I read that the 1005HA has an access panel, but I haven't been able to determine what type of RAM will be compatible.  I'm assuming that a 200-Pin DDR2 800 laptop RAM should work fine, but is there any way you can confirm?  Any special instructions or suggestions that I need to read over to make sure that there aren't any issues once the RAM is installed?  And what about the warranty?  I'd imagine that since there is an access panel I'd be covered if I wanted to upgrade the RAM.  I happen to be from the USA and the 1005HA is coming out in my area on July 1st so I want to make sure I have all the information I need before I decide to make any changes.

Go read HERE.  The 1005 is a 1008 with a removable battery and a slightly slower processor.  The 800 MHz memory should work fine but everything I find calls out for 667 MHz.  Typically, however, the 800 MHz will work at the lower speed equally well.

Best Regards,
DrZ

black
Level :
Posted:6/27/2009 7:03:00 AM # 8
1005 HA has a ram door just use the 667 it will be fine

Kevin
Level :
Posted:7/5/2009 12:00:00 PM # 9
Is it as easy as opening the panel and putting the new chip in?

Setrak
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:7/8/2009 9:54:00 AM # 10
This should work for the mechanical instructions.

1. turn off the netbok and removet he battery
2. put it upside down on a nonscratch survace and best if you ground yourself
3. use a small phillips screwdriver to loosen the screw and pull off the memory cover.  It does make a couple of clicks.
4. using a small screwdriver, push the two side brackets holding the memory in a direction away form the memory chip, one after the other.  The memory chip will pop up to about 45 degrees
5. gently removet the old chip and replace it with the new one.  Line up the groove on the chip and insert it at the same angle you take the old one out.
6. gently push down on the chep from both sides so as to bring it flat on the motherboard.  It will firmly click in place on both sides.
7. put back the memory cover and the battery and reboot,

R
Quote:
Author: Kevin Posted: 7/5/2009 12:00:00 PM

Is it as easy as opening the panel and putting the new chip in?

1 2 3  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.