ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1000H/XP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Others]WEBCAM doesn't work New Topic
brouyot
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:6/16/2009 5:04:00 AM # 1
my webcam is not detected anymore and i don't understand why. it's like she had disappear but i didn't do anything! i did some pictures with it and i can't find its anymore.
what could i do to fix it?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:6/16/2009 5:29:00 AM # 2
This thread is listed in the Elite Posts.

Quote:
Author: brouyot Posted: 6/16/2009 5:04:00 AM

my webcam is not detected anymore and i don't understand why. it's like she had disappear but i didn't do anything! i did some pictures with it and i can't find its anymore.
what could i do to fix it?

Brouyot,
Sometimes and I don't know why, the BIOS forgets the webcam.  Start by shutting down your machine.  After it is completely down, push the power button and immediately start TAPPING the F2 button.  This will put you into the BIOS.  Right arrow to the advanced tab and then down arrow to onboard components (or something to that effect.)  I believe you will have to hit enter to see the components.  Look at the list of components.  All should say enabled.  If any say disabled, arrow down to that and hit enter.  That will bring up enable or disable.  Arrow to enable and hit enter.  Hit F10 to save changes and start the reboot.  Your webcam should now be recognized.
Please come back and let us know if ths worked.  If not, we will try something different.

meilleurs égards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Smith
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:7/13/2009 8:59:00 PM # 3
This worked perfectly.  It's strange that my girlfriend's Eee PC 1000HA arrived with the webcam disabled by default in the BIOS.

DrZ
Level :
Posted:7/13/2009 9:09:00 PM # 4

Quote:
Author: Smith Posted: 7/13/2009 8:59:00 PM

This worked perfectly.  It's strange that my girlfriend's Eee PC 1000HA arrived with the webcam disabled by default in the BIOS.

Smith,
I don't know what it is...but often...not always...but often the webcam is disabled in the BIOS.  At least it is an easy fix.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
joost99
Level :
Posted:8/18/2009 3:24:00 AM # 5
hi DrZ,

I read your solution, and it works by me aswell, the device is called USB-videodevice #2 however I can only take pictures  i had an icon on the desktop witch i could hit and activate the camera, the camera works only with plug and play. Do you have an answer.

regards Joost99  ;-)

DrZ
Level :
Posted:8/18/2009 9:12:00 AM # 6

Quote:
Author: joost99 Posted: 8/18/2009 3:24:00 AM

hi DrZ,

I read your solution, and it works by me aswell, the device is called USB-videodevice #2 however I can only take pictures  i had an icon on the desktop witch i could hit and activate the camera, the camera works only with plug and play. Do you have an answer.

regards Joost99  ;-)

Hi Joost,
If I understand your question.... you would like a camera Icon on your desktop.
At least this is an easy one.
Click on Start, Click on My Computer.  On the window that opens, the bottom Icon should be your Usb VideoDevice #2.  Left Click and hold down the left click button and pull the icon to your desktop.  Once you are over the desktop, release the left button.

You should now have a copy of that icon on your desktop.

Double Click on it and it should work.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Terry
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 19
Posted:8/18/2009 3:35:00 PM # 7
Also ... I had my Ecap Utility disappear from the Desktop when I upgraded the BIOS.  I downloaded the update from the Downloads page, reinstalled the Ecap Utility and now have control from the Desktop.

Liveaboard cruiser on the Yacht VALHALLA for over the past 22 years. Website: http://yachtvalhalla.net
hall
Level :
Posted:5/2/2010 10:54:00 PM # 8
hi, i am having a similar problem, I found my cam suddenly stopped being recognised by Skype. I tried running e-cam which could no longer recognise my webcam. I have looked in BIOS and it is still enabled. I tried toggling to disable it and then enable it with no luck. Can you suggest anything else I should try...cheers

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.