Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Webcam > AF-200  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]generic webcam's image upside down New Topic
leQ
Level :
Tech Points : 11
Posted:6/3/2009 12:58:00 PM # 1
hi... i'm getting an upside down image, video image, in whatever software is out there for webcam (asus' own lifeframe, webcam xp, yahoo messenger. what's pointing in the direction of asus is the fact that all webcam apps exhibit the same symptom. i'm on an asus G50Vt. the webcam is built in. in vista it's normal, and all lis well in every webcam app. but i try it in windows 7, and every wecam app exhibits the same problem. i just flashed the bios, so i'm v 213 now. and all the drivers have been updated. but still get that annoying upside down image. any thoughts on the matter? on edit: i had to choose one of those cameras that i do NOT have, to get this thing posted. this is #2 of the things that i've got a pinch about that need to be brought up to the webmaster with.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
*** using an Asus G50Vt
mikey
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:6/11/2009 5:11:00 AM # 2
hi i do have the same problem.. have you tear your notebook a part? i did tore mine a part .. and i'm guessing that there is three wires comming from the(LCD, i think it belongs to the Camera) those three wires going to the motherboard.. (black, Gray and white) i'm sure that the grey one was in the middle .. but the oters i'm not sure... i forgot to mark it before i disasemble it .. :( ... i'm guessing that these wires is the prpblem ..is there is any one expert in that to let me know if i swab the black and white wires ..will that turn the image upside down??? or that's a driver issue????
my lap top is Asus X52S  .. any one has the wiring diagram for it?... i had a  problem with the power plug .. i got that fixed .. but now the image is pside down... any help will be appreciated... thank you ... 

Donn
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:9/9/2009 11:40:00 AM # 3
i'm using a K40IN and it used to have the same problem.  Current OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

here's what i did.
1. download the latest Chicony (or Suyin) driver for Windows 7.
2. extract contents to desktop.
3. click the ORB button. right-click on Computer and select Properties.
4. select Device Manager.
5. click on Imaging Devices to show the name of the webcam.
6. right-click on the name of the webcam and select Properties.
7. go to the Driver tab. click on Update Driver. a new window should pop-up.
8. click 'Browse my computer  for driver software'.  select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.
9. on the next window, it'll give you the current driver.  click 'Have Disk'. click Browse. Browse to the desktop and select lastest driver that you've downloaded. it'll be then added to the list of drivers.  select the new driver and click Next. Just follow the prompts so that it'll install the new driver.

that should solve the problem.

Then Voon
Level :
Posted:9/17/2009 10:22:00 AM # 4
Hi Donn,

Do you have problem shutting down your K40IN after you update this driver? I using a K40IN as well, but after I update the webcam driver, the notebook doesnt shut down properly.
Screen blank, cpu not running but power button still on.

I have to manully long press power button to shut it down.

Any idea how to solve this? Btw, Im using XP.

Donn
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:9/18/2009 3:01:00 AM # 5

Quote:
Author: Then Voon Posted: 9/17/2009 10:22:00 AM

Hi Donn,

Do you have problem shutting down your K40IN after you update this driver? I using a K40IN as well, but after I update the webcam driver, the notebook doesnt shut down properly.

i haven't encountered any shutting down problem upon installing the updated driver .. i'm using Windows 7 though ..

Sanjaya
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/8/2009 1:00:00 AM # 6

Quote:
Author: Then Voon Posted: 9/17/2009 10:22:00 AM

Hi Donn,

Voon, I had the same problem with my K401N, did you solve yours?
Can you share? thanks. I'm using XP too.

DEmiJAN
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:10/8/2009 1:22:00 AM # 7
I resolved the problem...Instal XP SP 2 than instal hotfix 111 for audio.After that install all other drivers...Now instal XP SP 3 patch.....Now everything is working......

DEmiJAN
Sanjaya
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/8/2009 12:02:00 PM # 8
thanks!. will surely try that.

Taylor
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/16/2009 12:49:00 PM # 9
I FIGURED IT OUT!

You first have to uninstall your webcam driver.  Then start the TASK MGR and go to SERVICES tab, find MScamSVC and Stop the service.  Have the driver downloaded and extracted then reboot your computer.  Once rebooted go to the directory that you extracted the driver to and run the Setup.  Then WAIT until it says it's completed the process and prompts you to reboot.  It worked for me, it should work for you too.

No more upside down!!!

TeeBone
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/26/2009 10:02:00 AM # 10
Donn,
Thanks for taking the time to post this detailed fix for the camera. Followed your instructions and it worked first time . Again THANKS!!
Quote:
Author: Donn Posted: 9/9/2009 11:40:00 AM

i'm using a K40IN and it used to have the same problem.  Current OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

here's what i did.
1. download the latest Chicony (or Suyin) driver for Windows 7.
2. extract contents to desktop.
3. click the ORB button. right-click on Computer and select Properties.
4. select Device Manager.
5. click on Imaging Devices to show the name of the webcam.
6. right-click on the name of the webcam and select Properties.
7. go to the Driver tab. click on Update Driver. a new window should pop-up.
8. click 'Browse my computer  for driver software'.  select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.
9. on the next window, it'll give you the current driver.  click 'Have Disk'. click Browse. Browse to the desktop and select lastest driver that you've downloaded. it'll be then added to the list of drivers.  select the new driver and click Next. Just follow the prompts so that it'll install the new driver.

that should solve the problem.

1 2 3  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.