ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1000HE  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]EEE 1000HE System Recovery XP Home New Topic
Bob
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:5/5/2009 8:45:00 PM # 1
We are looking at supporting Asus netbooks for the faculty and staff at our college. How do you recover/reload the Windows XP Basic OS if it becomes unusable? Is there a recovery partition? What if the hard drive goes? Is there a restore CD?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:5/5/2009 8:52:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: Bob Posted: 5/5/2009 8:45:00 PM

We are looking at supporting Asus netbooks for the faculty and staff at our college. How do you recover/reload the Windows XP Basic OS if it becomes unusable? Is there a recovery partition? What if the hard drive goes? Is there a restore CD?

Bob,
The machines do have a recovery partition as well as a restore DVD.  If you click on the download heading on the top of this page, select the following in the pull downs in the upper right on the new page, you can view the information you need. 

Use these entries.
Select Product                             Eee Family
Select Series                               Eee PC
Select Model                                1000he
and then click search.  It will come up asking for the OS.  Select Win XP and OK.  It will show you a list of 41 files.  If you select the Manual and find the one for English, it will show you exactly the procedure for recovering/reinstalling the OS as well as changing out hard drives, adding memory and other useful pieces of information.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Caretaker
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:5/10/2009 11:13:00 PM # 3
DrZ...I got into the manual following your instructions, but could not find instructions for "...changing out hard drives...".  I have a WD 320 gb 2.5" SATA drive I want  to install, along w/XP PRO (legitimate copy purchased in tech school), but I'm a little hesitant to just jump right in w/o instructions.  Could you be more specific about where to find those instructions in the manual? 

Your input on this forum on a wide range of subjects has been invaluable, and is greatly appreciated.

Pete

DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:5/10/2009 11:31:00 PM # 4

Quote:
Author: Caretaker Posted: 5/10/2009 11:13:00 PM

DrZ...I got into the manual following your instructions, but could not find instructions for "...changing out hard drives...".  I have a WD 320 gb 2.5" SATA drive I want  to install, along w/XP PRO (legitimate copy purchased in tech school), but I'm a little hesitant to just jump right in w/o instructions.  Could you be more specific about where to find those instructions in the manual? 

Your input on this forum on a wide range of subjects has been invaluable, and is greatly appreciated.

Pete

Pete,
I went to youtube and found a video on replacing your hard drive and ram on a 1000h.  It will be close to your 1000he.  Watch the video by clicking here and I am sure everything will go smoothly.
Please remember to enter your bios by tapping F2 so it will recognize your changes.  Then tap F10 to save them.
Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.